The most extreme witness

by freedom96 3 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

There was an elder in my hall, that everyone feared, and had the power and position to make fear a realistic reaction.

I remember him saying, that if he or any of his grandchildren were ever to be disfellowshipped, not only would he never speak to them until they came back, but he would go to the extent of removing all their pictures from the walls of his house. All of them he would take down. How harsh is that???

Just doesn't seem to me like God would do such a thing, and a religion that supported that type of behavior just boggled my mind. Of course, he held an extreme view, but those people exist. What actions did you see when you were a witness, that might put someone in the "Most Extreme Witness" catagory?

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

I remember a couple of sisters who were quite extreme in a different manner than the elder you described. Their big deal was "DEMONIZED!" Everything they disapproved of was "DEMONIZED!" Smurfs, soap operas, rock music, sci-fi movies, David Copperfield, Stephen King books, anything that lokked even remotely like a zodiac sign, you name it! There was a joke going around the KH among the teenagers at one time that these two thought pork & beans were demonized, because they made you fart when you didn't really want to.

• TR
    TR

I remember one hottie sister that was waiting until after 'geddon to get married. Wonder if she's still single. She'd be about 30 by now.

TR

• nelly1
    nelly1

we had a Co and his wife and i remember one day on service she said to me while we were waiting in the car that she bought a classical CD and she had to smash it because the first peice was done on an organ and she cant listen to that because organs are used in churches.and it will cause her to have the demons attack her.

and her and her husband were obsessed with everything that can cause a demon attack,like the caps for the NZ yaght " black magic" they claim that some witnesses got some as a souvineer and they were attacked that night by demons.

i was like ohhh for goodness sake when i heard that.

but they were obsessive I couldnt stand them and he had a nik name in our circuit so i hear it was

"mac the knife"

as he liked to go around with his little broom cleaning out the congregations.

blehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

love nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit