Habitat for Humanity JW Style

by Kenneson 9 Replies latest social current

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

On tonight's evening news was a story about Jw's from the southeast coming to a town in Georgia to build a house for a needy Jehovah's Witness. Seems that this is recently formed program. It's a type of quick-build, kind of along the lines of the Kingdom Hall builds. They're out to help their own and build community among JWs. Is there any possibility that one day they will do this for anyone in need????

Did anyone else hear about this?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Interesting. Would be neat to hear more details if this is true.
    I wonder how it's funded and who qualifies for the program.
    I'd cynically suspect it'd only be for the CO/DO types
    (as opposed to the widow/orphan types).

SPAZ

• Swan
    Swan

Maybe the COs are orphaned.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Even if it is for the widow orphan types I wonder what the interest on the mortgage is?

Habitat For Humanity gives you a mortgage you know.

For The WTBS this is probly another way to invest and make money.

Also, if Religions do get taxed one day,remember The WTBS has no real Charities.

They need to set some up to hide money and avoid taxes.

As a single mother in "The Truth" I never received such help and neither have any of my friends who are single moms.

I hope they do have some kind of new program as then my friends still inside will finally have homes! Even if they are at the lowest comparable interest rates.

Someone find more info on this. I would really love to find out! I know a homeless single mom inside "The Org"

ty for this post,

Agape,

U_R

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 5 January 2003 2:46:32

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 5 January 2003 2:48:50

• auntiem
    auntiem

This sounds interesting. I am in the same boat, a single mom with three kids and a husband who has abandoned us ( he is still in good standing by the way! Sexist pigs! ) and I never recieved any help from my congragation. I did however recieve food from a Mormon neighbor from their food bank, and another organization paid my rent and a kindly person bought my children bikes, shoes and clothes. When I told a sister this she exclaimed it was such a blessing from Jah...well it didn't come from his organization, but from the ones that the society condems...so whats up with that? I have found more love and concern for my family from outside the org. than inside. Sorry about that...I guess I am still taking care of my issues!

Love to all!

aUnTiE M

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Dont be sorry Auntie!

I was once told that it was ok to take from the worldly charity because The Israelites received from The Egyptians. Totally shrugging off their responsibilities as Christians.

Of course there were rules in even the taking of Charities. You could not donate to charity, Religious or otherwise.

If meeting attendance to Christendom was a requirement then you could not receive the charity.

I wont go into this anymore as I have RANTED on this subject before OVER and OVER and OVER again.

If you want to read my rants you can click on my name in the members section.

Still I am sure youd prefer to ponder on HAPPY Thoughts.

WELCOME AUNTIE!!!!

Here you will find A LOT of Moms who were in situations such as yours In The Truth.

It seems Brotherly Love WATCHTOWER (tm) style abounds.

I am blessed in that some in The Org have tried to help but most of them were as needy as me. So needy in fact they still talk to me although I am dissed! Us single moms have to stick together even if all we can give is a listening ear to the next rant.

Hope to be reading many more of your posts!

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

Para ti......

• SYN
    SYN

They probably did it the same way they do the Halls, i.e. the Publishers pay the mortgage, and then the house becomes the property of the Governing Body.

Lovely!

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

And if ya ever leave their religion they probly kick ya to th' curb!

• Dia
    Dia

But isn't EVERYONE just longing to have a house with no windows?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

hahaha....good one Dia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit