I don't want the Watchtower's version of paradise.

by StarTrekAngel 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Rather I would have Satan's version of paradise than joke-hova's. Rather I would be able to do things for my own soul instead of giving up everything fun. Now, if only joke-hova would quit obscuring whatever qualities Satan might have found good in me, so Satan would accept me and realize that it was the opposite sex not being in my life that was used by joke-hova as bait to get me into that disgrace of an organization and bait me to take a vow of obedience to the jokehovian witlesses (baptism)...
  • GodZoo
    GodZoo

Not only paradise on earth but apparently underwater too..

'The Great White Shark will live with the starfish, the Mako will lie down with the eel, the seal and the sea-anemone and the crabs together; and a little child will lead them..'

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    And the sea urchins will turn their spikes into plowshares and help recover the marine flora for eternity.
  • Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

and the truth will set you free...to be a slave for the truth.

One brother told me i would be put to work at the dump in the new system, because i had a bad attitude - i always made fun of women being in subjection. I had an old pilot's hat, i would pull it down over my head if I was asked to pray after our study, and say Okay, I've got my subjectionatin' hat on! Well that was just too much humor for one full of himself elder to take.

Marina

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Back in 1988, the late Spaulding Gray did a one man show for HBO called "The Terrors of Pleasure".

In his monologue, he describes a visit from the JW's (complete with dramatization!). He gives a perfect "takedown" of the JW description of paradise.

Here is the clip, advanced to 25:10, where it starts:
    https://youtu.be/otktRxKo2XY?t=25m10s

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    lol. I think that whomever came up with the pilots analogy has absolutely zero understanding on how the pilot-co-pilot relationship works. I am not claiming to be an expert but I was a pilot when I was younger. The truth is that real denomination is captain and first officer. Both are just as qualified to fly the plane, except the captain used to have the last and unquestionable word. The NTSB has long ago suggested that such unquestionable obedience to the captain has led to many avoidable and disastrous crashes.
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

This is a clip from "The Adventures of Mark Twain". The idea of Paradise (or, Heaven) varies from person to person:

https://youtu.be/unmQl3wK83M

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

The IDEA of living in a paradise is, for me, something desirable.

Living by the sea, planting and eating your own crops year around. It would be great.

That's where my IDEA of paradise ends. I would want to do what i want, when i want.

Of course, in JW land, we can not do what we want.

I've always thought, IF it was real, and i did acctually make it to paradise, i probably wouldn't last long anyway.

Then i remember it's all made up bull shit anyway.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I cannot say that I "would not change a thing" about this world. The social economic system entraps too many in poverty and that causes problems all round ,as well as being just unfair....BUT , I sure would not opt for the Watchtower version of a New World - not any more.

Dubs never think about the big questions,like how to get the stuff they need and visualise having? How to create a paradise without heavy machinery and fuel? (ok , I know the ancients built a world without that , but they forced others into labour and it took centuries) They seem to expect it all to fall from the sky. If one questions it, then it is a lack of faith....

Talking of daft pictures - this one from the "Bible Teach Book 2005 really seemed silly . Were they sending themselves up?

[Mind you, I would like a pet elephant ]

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    We are actually talking about the natural aspect of the world, not the socio-economic. I definitely agree with you. The world isn't fair in that aspect. My point was to show that the same analogy that is used to prove the need for organization can be used to show that the WT version paradise does not go in accord with the perceived diversity of God's creation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit