Eastern Kentucky/Knoxville Tenn

by Junction-Guy 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Any Ex-jw's from these areas. i have lots of family in paintsville ky area and i lived there for 3 years and attended the Salyersville Ky cong. I have lived in Knoxville area for the last 6 years, but dont have any witness connections here, or even family. i Would love to meet other ex witnesses locally

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Hi JG, WELCOME!!!

I lived in Knoxville from 1979 -1985 and have ex-in-laws there. Also, my grandsons live in Seymour, which is just south of Knoxville. Unfortunately, I now live California, but please feel free to contact me. There is a poster, Stephie, who now lives in Knoxville, I think. Hopefully, she will see your thread...

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Windchaser, thanks for the reply. i know where Seymour is, we lived in sevier county for 4 years before moving over here to knoxville. I am not originally from here, so i dont know any witnesses here and havent attended meetings in 10 years. i would like to meet up with some of the x-jws around this area.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

My ex #1* and his family all live in Sevierville and Gatlinburg and his ancestors were forced to move out of the area that became The Great Smokey Mountain National Park. My mother-in-law is a full-blooded Cherokee Indian. When I moved there, I wanted to really experience the history of the area and, by cracky, I did. I used an outhouse for the first time in my life (a very scary experience - it was tilting into a creek).

I hope that exjws in the area will respond to you.

Best to you,
    Dottie

**Ex #2 is from Knoxville.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Dottie, sorry i didnt reply back sooner, but ive been kinda sick these past few days and slept alot. My wife and I lived in pigeon forge for 4 1/2 years before moving to knoxville. I never once drove by the kingdom hall the whole time i lived there. twice while we lived there JW's called on our door, but they always caught me when i just woke up, so i politely turned them away. had they called on me during the afternoon i probably would have had a good discussion with them. We got tired of all that traffic in pigeon forge so we decided to move to knoxville, and we've been here nearly 2 years. Its been nice talking with you and maybe we will talk more down the line as i post more things to the board

Dave

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

JG, sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you are all better now.

When I first married husband #1, we got an apartment in Pigeon Forge over a restaurant (Laney's, which isn't there anymore). That was in 1979 and it was crowded back then. It is such a blatantly money-grabbing area, I didn't like being there at all. But, it was so close to the park and my husband's parents lived on this little dirt road at the foot of a mountain where the neighbors were very much spread out. It was like going back to the 1800s. It's really very beautiful there, but being a Northerner, I just felt like those mountains were going to swallow me up. I hated the thought of growing old and dying there for some reason. It would have been different, maybe, if I hadn't been in an unhappy marriage.

The witnesses that visited you probably go to the hall we attended. Lots of rich witnesses (some owned shops in Gatlinburg) who had moved in from other states went to that hall. Such a difference from most of the dirt-poor locals.

It would be nice meeting you and your wife...wish I still had connections there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit