Alll cruel treatment soon to end the dam has broke

by poopie 5 Replies latest jw friends

• poopie
    poopie
    PADDY WACK.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Uh, no. Shunning and such will continue. Cruelty still exists within the JW religion and will continue to do so. They will likely make some changes to policy on the way that sexual abuse is handled, just enough to satisfy the courts, and that's it. Jackson made it very clear that they have no intent of letting up on their shun fun.
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    I can see them in the future, making some kind of concession in the case of disassociated ones - perhaps returning to their pre-1980 position of not shunning disassociated ones. I wouldn't be surprised if negative publicity regarding the shunning of disassociated ones eventually forces them to make this concession.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can see them in the future, making some kind of concession in the case of disassociated ones - perhaps returning to their pre-1980 position of not shunning disassociated ones. I wouldn't be surprised if negative publicity regarding the shunning of disassociated ones eventually forces them to make this concession.

I could conceive it becoming a "conscience matter", just like voting and blood transfusions, where if your conscience makes the wrong decision it means YOU have chosen to no longer be one of JWs. They might quit "demanding" the shunning of DA ones, but "suggest" and each JW KNOWS how to treat those who are "no longer among us". Just consider how many here are neither DFd or DAd, but their families and (former conditional) friends still "choose" to shun them.

A cult has it's ways.

Doc

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Shunning will never change. Ever. Stop living in a fairy tale and deal with reality. It. Will. Never. Change.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Scully - "I could conceive it becoming a 'conscience matter', just like voting and blood transfusions, where if your conscience makes the wrong decision it means YOU have chosen to no longer be one of JWs. They might quit 'demanding' the shunning of DA ones, but 'suggest' and each JW KNOWS how to treat those who are 'no longer among us'. Just consider how many here are neither DFd or DAd, but their families and (former conditional) friends still 'choose' to shun them."

Don't forget, we can include whistleblowing on that list, now, too. At the rate it's going, the "disassociating actions" will outnumer the "disfellowshipping offenses" before too long.

And with the constantly changing "fine details" of WT doctrine, there might even be dutiful rank-and-filers who'll have DAed themselves without even knowing it. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit