The elders of the 1980s are now in their 60s and 70s

by truthseeker 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sporece
    sporece

They will tell you they believe in your face but down deep they realize they will die like the rest of the old timers and never see " Paradise " and it's been a joke and a waste of their life.

Anyone with a brain can put 2 and 2 together and has to realize that the watchtower has been nothing but a scam just like all religions.

• jws
    jws

I always marvel looking back. I was born in the 60's and I'm nearly 50. When I was young, I remember some of the older ones. Elders, MSs, just plain publishers. All looking to the end "any day now". I remember many of them growing old,dying. Including my own father. My father only died 6 years ago, but many died 10, 20, 30 years ago. All proclaiming the end was around the corner. People who never expected to grow old in "this system of things".

Another thing I think. If they were to be raised from the dead, nearly all of them would be apostates. Their beliefs would differ from "current light". Some from years past believed we'd never last into the 21st century, yet here we are in 2015, 101 years after Jesus supposedly returned. And many of those still alive used to believe the things these people believed too. Yet they keep changing and still hold on that it's still coming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit