"As a matter of Conscience" - Sail Away.

by quincemyles 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quincemyles
    quincemyles

I am encouraged by Sail Away to take steps to officially distance myself from the tenets of the jws. I can no longer bear the thought of my being associated with their policies.

I too will give them a letter this week to dissociate, while circumventing their shunning cruelty.

I will simply write:

Dear Sirs,

In line with my bible trained conscience, I will be re-baptized. The moment I will be immersed in water, my first baptism will be voided. When I come out of the water, the second baptism will become my true baptism recognized by all humans, Our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy spirit. I will not provide you the particulars as to the exact reasons for my re-baptism. I however desire that you legally be aware of this formal communication.

Yours sincerely,

Signed.

[ Name]

I will be baptized into Lord Jesus Christ by a non-witness and my baptism will not be tied to any denomination. I will not inform them of who will baptize me and where. Jehovah's witnesses publicly baptized me into their organization (so called spirit directed organization) rather than just being baptized in the name of the Holy spirit as Matthew 28 requires. That is one of the key justifications before God that I have for re-baptism. I desire to be baptized in recognition of Holy spirit not a human organization.

• sir82
    sir82

Your letter is too vague for JW-trained elders.

They will want a clear statement that you no longer want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and I don't see such a clear statement in that letter.

So expect a follow-up phone call asking for clarification.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Just walk away....dont give them dumasses the satisfaction, of a letter to flaunt.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I agree with brandnew. Fading is the best option. Try a quick fade if the situation is unbearable. I regret not having done it and writing a letter that they perceived to be a challenge to their authority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit