Experiences Of Speaking To Another Awake Witness Without Knowing It

by freemindfade 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    This is interesting, I would love to hear of some experiences. I was speaking with someone offline about their talking to someone and coming to find out that person was waking up/awake too. The reason I find it interesting, is because it is such a fragile situation, a dance where the two people don't trust each other enough to just speak freely like they are afraid of being turned into the KGB. And really for good reason. But I would love to hear other peoples stories of how they were talking to someone and had to do this careful back and forth discussion only to find out in the end they are both awake to the cult BS.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

it is such a fragile situation, a dance where the two people don't trust each other enough to just speak freely like they are afraid of being turned into the KGB.

That is the kind of thing that should set off alarm bells to anyone.

Oubliette, what's your thoughts on this?

Doc

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

I think O's out to lunch right now. I'll try to fill in for the time being. I think it goes something like this:

"let's evaluate, examine, and analyze JWs - you'll find that they possess many of the same traits as other unduely influenced, indoctrinated groups of people."

something like that.

I've never had an experience as the one you mention, but I've often dreamed about running into an old JW friend who has awoken. We'd have so much to catch up on.

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I found that by keeping the ball in their court was helpful.

Eg 607 / 1914 "What is it that convinces you about the accuracy of this Doctrine" " How have you explained it to Bible Studies from the Bible"

• Stirred
    Stirred
    Had the experience with an old JW friend....they were trying to hint and wake me up. The more I could "take" of their questioning, the more they dished out...till we both knew each other was "awake" but knowing different things....different roads but close...if you know what I mean.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    I was talking to two just out high school kids in the Congregation. They were telling me that the broadcast has made them question the org. Dint want to go full on apostate on them. I mentioned to research there doubts. It's great to see many wake up.
  • Dumplin
    Dumplin

because it is such a fragile situation, a dance where the two people don't trust each other enough to just speak freely like they are afraid of being turned into the KGB. And really for good reason.

DesirousOfChange said this should set off alarm bells to anyone. And I think all of us here on this site know what 'distrust and suspicion' feels like at a KH. A feeling that something is just not right with this "brotherhood".

At Woodstock in 1969 a reporter was questioning Michael Lang and Artie Kornfeld, wondering why they seem so happy. Kornfeld said, in part:
    "...to really realize what’s really important…The fact that if we can’t all live together and be happy, if you have to be afraid to walk out in the street, if you have to be afraid to smile at somebody, right, well, what kind of a way is that to go through this life?”

I can't put it better than that.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think O's out to lunch right now.

Then I'll do it:

Let's review: It's a cult!

Doc

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Looking back, I'm pretty sure that some of the inactives I used to know must have been TTATTers.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Me too Vidiot, current and previous people. So many I wonder about

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit