2 Scriptures to De-Rail the Organization's Claim that their Child Abuse Claims are based on Scripture

by LAWHFol 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

Mr.Jackson was quite adamant, to his claim that the Witness's policies are based on the Scriptures. If these Scriptures have already been brought up, I apologize, but If not I feel that they are Valuable.

1. Regarding the 2 Witness Rule :

The Witnesses use Scriptures like Deuteronomy 19:15 to support their Adherence to the 2 Witness Rule This scripture clearly emphasizes the necessity of 2 or 3 witnesses, however there are reasonable exceptions.

One Example is in Deuteronomy 22:23 & 22:25

Verse 23 Says "If there is a betrothed virgin, and a man meets her in the city and lies with her,"

Verse 25 Says "But if in the open country a man meets a young woman who is betrothed, and the man seizes her and lies with her, then only the man who lay with her shall die."

"In the city" from v.23 is Contrasted with "in the open country" from v.25. If the offense takes place in the City, the Victim is to Scream, and alert near by Individuals. However if the Offense takes place in the open country, there is no one around to witness the offense, or come for help. Since verse 25 still calls for the Death of the Rapist, this proves that 2 Witnesses are not required in the case of a Rape (Or other sexual offenses). This Negates the necessity of 2 Witnesses, and the Scriptural Backing of the 2 Witness Rule Doctrine.

2. Regarding Women not being allowed to Judge within the Congregation. This one is Simple. Judges 4:4 "Now Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lappidoth, was judging Israel at that time." (ESV) A woman was appointed by God to Judge the Israelites / Congregation.

• Ding
    Ding

Given the many ways the WT has flipflopped on so many doctrines, I wonder if they've published something sometimes saying that the 2 witness rule doesn't apply any more.

I don't know of anything, but the way they talk out of both sides of their mouth, I wouldn't be surprised...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm starting to think that even the GB are having trouble keeping track of what JW beliefs are. :smirk:
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    They forget, they aren't under Mosaic Law. No one is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit