Jehovah's Witness Leader: There's a 'Spiritual Dilemma' in Reporting Sexual Abuse

by defender of truth 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

The article is a good summary to show people who are too busy to read the transcript. The main points are covered, without Jackson's waffling..

This is my favourite quote:

Jackson also testified that while there haven’t been any particular discussion among church leadership about apologizing to victims of sexual abuse, it’s “perceivable” that they might consider doing so. He was a little vaguer on the point of whether they’d pay compensation to those victims:

"Well, let me say, there are many schemes that we’ve had with regard to humanitarian areas, like flood victims, and so on. I know this is not related, I’m just explaining.

The Governing Body is happy for our organisation to spend money helping persons ‐ how much more so someone who has been traumatised or affected in a bad way."

www.jezebel.com/jehovahs-witness-leader-theres-a-spiritual-dilemma-in-1724774229

• jwleaks
    jwleaks
    "Jezebel" ... that will work with JW's.
  • Oogie
    Oogie
    I love reading all the comments on sites like that, it shows how JWs are really viewed by the outside world.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

The GB wants secular authorities to make reporting child abuse mandatory to help the GB do the right thing. This is key right here.

After that, all bets are off unless it is a law that victims must be compensated. The GB will do nothing that they said they would consider unless there is a law stating they must.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The GB will do nothing that they said they would consider unless there is a law stating they must - agreed.

But the RC will no doubt make redress one of its recommendations. Hopefully, government will then force this onto the WT.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

There is of course nothing to stop victims rightly seeking justice through the Courts now, before the R.C reports.

In Countries other than Australia it makes sense to do so, delay may mean the wiley, slippery, amoral Lawyers of the JW Org find a way to side-step paying compensation, or even apologising.

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

The Gb is bringing reproach on God's name.

I wonder how long will God stand them any more....

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    Until the rot becomes manifest for the world to see.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Now here's a REAL dilemma for the gb--the self proclaimed "guardians of the doctrine".The bible says at James 4:17 " Therefore, if someone knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him."

Knowing that the gb cannot 'sin', they must not 'know how to do what is right' when it comes to child abuse---right?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So. It's business as usual with the WBT$. Money grabbing will continue. Lies will continue. The world isn't all that interested in this little cult. The JWs refuse to believe anything negative about their leaders (who they confuse with Jehovah(tm) ).

The victims are not even considered by the GB. That was obvious withthe ARC. The JWs at the ARC were just paying lipservice to it all. they were also doing what they could to protect the GB. It was pitiful to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit