Need Research Help

by meadow77 8 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

I need to know how to get my hands on full text articles from the quotes site quick. Does anyone know. I am in debate with someone ove rthe WT quotes, specifically the ones on racism. They are saying that the quotes are taken out of context, and the WT never believed that way. They said they will only accept them, if I can produce the entire articles. Does anyone know how I can get these?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If you are not flagged as DFed DAed or Apostate, you can write to the WTS Archive Department and they will send you photocopies.

If you are flagged, then you can use an assumed name and have them sent to a friends address.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 30 December 2002 15:12:11

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have a copy of the 1999 WT CD's and if you could tell me which article it was in I could send you the article.

Will

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I might be able to help with some of this, email me with the specific articles (titles and dates of publication) you are interested in.

My mailbox is open and impervious to WTS inspired demonic virus attacks.

I should mention that we live in the age of Zelig (A Woody Allen movie about a guy who "inserts" himself into history) and that a JW could discount ANY evidence as being falsified. First they'll claim that the quote is out of context, then they'll say that transcribed text (which is all the WTS CD is) can be altered, then they'll say that an Adobe Acrobat or other digital image image can be edited, AND THEY ARE CORRECT.

The JWS are often unwilling to accept any contrary evidence as honest and sincere and they think that by subtly calling you a liar they can make the evidence go away. Well as one very bright person here recently noted, when your head is buried in the sand, you will suffocate.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 30 December 2002 15:22:17

• blondie
    blondie

I don't know how authentic the source must be but the Watchtowers from 1879 to 1919 can be accessed at this site.

http://www.agsconsulting.com/htdbnon/indexz.htm

It is a Bible Students site.

Blondie

Also check the library of the oldest congregation in your area. They may have them.

Edited by - Blondie on 30 December 2002 15:22:46

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

My mom has the original magazines going back to the 1960's. If I could sneak them out I would be able to photo copy what you need.

Will

• Gerard
  • AlanF
    AlanF

If Nathan Natas doesn't have what you're looking for, I may. Email me.

AlanF

• meadow77
    meadow77

Thank you guys for all your help, I have to go run some errands, but I will definitly getting back to you later. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit