Sagittal Cranio Synontosis

by Debz 5 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Debz
    Debz

Last May 2002 my 3 month old grandson had to have major skull surgery - he was diagnosed with Saggittal Cranio Synontosis. This is an affliction that causes a baby`s skull to be fused together at birth - normally a baby`s skull is in separate sections to enable the brain to grow. In order to `fix` the skull a 2 cm strip of skull was taken from his skull from his forehead to the base of his skull. Several trangular strips from the top of the skull made so that the brain could expand. The operation was a `must have` or he would have died - this can happen as the brain would literally be crsushed as the baby grows. Luckily, (and thanks to the skilled surgeons) he is now doing very well a big bouncy baby and does`nt seem to have affected him at all.

As usual in my family the blood became an issue as my mother (an annointed) tried to bully her way with the wonderful hospital and doctors etc. In fact the surgeon would not do the operation without poermission to use blood if necessary. (My daughter is not a Jdub - but Mother still has to have a say!). It was the only time in my 43 yrs I have told my mother to `shut up`. As it happened he didn`t have to use it anyways.

Has anyone heard of this at all?..I had never heard of it before now..there is a lot on the net about it and fascinating reading....and those little babies are so brave!

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

{{{{{Hugz}}}}} Debz

This is something I did not have to deal with but, I learned of it when I was Pregnant with my 3 rd child.

I guess it was becoming more common then and they educated all the moms to be on every little mishap possible! Gave me nightmares!

Fortunately for all the brave little ones, they heal fast after operations and do fine. No one would ever know they needed a little tweaking after birth.

As for the blood issue your mom was so wrong! But remember most dubs feel they know it all! It comes from thinking we are Jehovahs People and we have the answers to the universe at the tip of our fingers.

Like you said the blood wasnt even needed. Most doctors today DONT want to use it but prefer to have it available just incase. Which makes sense. How would you feel if you wished to save a childs life and their own parents tied your hands???

You did well by standing up to your mom! Believe me I know it is hard to tell your own Mother to Shut Up! I am very much a rug when it comes to my parents so to me you were very brave!

I have not understood why a child who cannot decide for themselves is forced to make a stand on blood. What kind of stand is that? They cant even tie their shoes!

Youre a fabulous mother to have gone through so much along side your child.

Very special person you are Debz

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

Para ti.....

• onacruse
    onacruse
    It was the only time in my 43 yrs I have told my mother to `shut up`.

You go girl!

I've never actually told my mom to shut up, but I've said and done a lot of things in the last few years that have MADE her shut up and think. And to her credit, she HAS shut up and thought.

You never know how your own courage and conviction may give your mom pause for reflection.

But most important, I'm glad your grandson is well and good.

Craig

• Debz
    Debz
    You did well by standing up to your mom! Believe me I know it is hard to tell your own Mother to Shut Up! I am very much a rug when it comes to my parents so to me you were very brave!

You never know how your own courage and conviction may give your mom pause for reflection.

Thankyou Utopian and Onacruise for your comments! I thought it was a `brave` thing at the time ..given the history and her passion to control everyone..my concern was for my child and grandson...thats all....I hope she does reflect as the years go by of what may have been IF she had had her way! Thanks...

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Good for you, Debz. That precious childs life is more important than your Moms feelings, in my book. I believe there may be times surgery may go better without blood, but that is a matter between the doctor and the patient, no one else, especially a printing corporation.

As for feeling it was courageous, it was. Even in our 40s, it is not an easy thing to tell your own parents to shut up. She needed it and you did the right thing. It pleases me that your grandchild is doing better and without the dangers of the Watchtower looming over his life.

Feel good about yourself for taking the stand you did. It was the right thing to do.

Lew W

• Debz
    Debz

Thanks Dakota.....I think you`re right even in our 40`s seems so silly that a stand seems such a brave thing to do..maybe she will think twice before interfering in my daughters / grandchildrens lives to that extent. I don`t regret it......after all where was she for 20yrs after I was DF`ed???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit