Mormons

by meadow77 7 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

Are there any Mormons here, or people familiar with Mormon beliefs. I have some questions regarding their doctrine, including baptising those that have passed away. Does anyone know why they do this?

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

hey Meadow,

I actualy used to be a Mormon!

Not a surprise I guess....Traded one cult for another

I became Mormon because I was engaged to one. I became serious about for a time even after he and I broke up.

There is a thread some where about Baptisim for the dead. Refiners gave some good pionts on it.

Basically it is giving those a choice who are dead and awaiting the resurection a chance to be brought back on the Celestial Earth to live with Elohim and Jesus.

There are 2 other kingdoms and to Mormons no one dies!! No hell ether.

But the greatest reward for serving God is to be made a God just like Our Creator. To Mormons he is not the only God there is a chain of Gods going back because where did Our Creator come from? Well, he was created silly

It seems logical for a time but, then there are other aspects.

You can e-mail me any questions you have and I'll answer em!

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

• Skimmer
  • Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

LOL....ty for posting that site!! You wont believe this but becoming JW was suposed to be my cure and excape from Mormonism!! Go figure!!

• UnDisfellowshipped
  • meadow77
    meadow77

Thank you for your responses. I have been talking with some Mormons lately. Not converting mind you, just to chat. As you can imagine, sometimes it's hard to get a straight answer from some people on their beliefs, or better an answer that you can understand. The baptism thing really through me off, because I view baptism as something someone does to be within God's will. I couldn't figure out why they did it, or what made them think they could make that decision for someone else. Thank you for the help.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: But the greatest reward for serving God is to be made a God just like Our Creator.

Which of course, was the same lie Satan told Eve.

Farkel

• Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

Utopian_Raindrops,

So you went from one organized religion to another and still found flaws.

The older I get the more I believe that mankind really doesn't know at all about the higher powers and their ultimate purpose.

Every religion I know is a 'lie', or has plenty of other lies associated with it. With every spiritual way anyone chooses there'll be struggles to deal with.

So, let's all find the 'lie' that makes us feel our best and stick with it.

Take care!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit