Will The Royal Commission Have A Major Part In Busting Up The Watchtower Corporation's Tribunal Committee Function?

by Brokeback Watchtower 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Mr Stewart has uncovered enough evidence of the horrors of this process set in motion by a bunch of lunatics suffering from a Messiah complex and so the findings of this inquiry will will mark a beginning in the infrastructure of this institution being limited severely by laws of the land. I'm sure new legislation that will be forth coming will be tackling this major problem head long.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Will The Royal Commission Have A Major Part In Busting Up The Watchtower Corporation's Tribunal Committee Function?

The WBT$ will find New Ways to Evade the Law..

...................Image result for Not a chance

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I think that they will simply start reporting pedophiles to the police.
  • steve2
    steve2

I agree with VI. Beyond making it mandatory to report allegations of child sexual abuse to the police, the Commission really does not have much statutory authority to enforce change within an organization.

On the other hand, it can appraise any changes and subsequently question (again) JW organization officials about the changes, including the rationale.

No external body can compel an organization to change the composition of its existing arrangements - but it can pressure an organization in the name of best practice and decency to include specific provisions such as women (i.e., "sisters" being available to "support" a complainant).

Keep in mind that in recent years the organization has modified judicial comimittees for responding to allegations of child sexual abuse. For example, complianants are no longer expected to confront their alleged abuser and (I understand) the organization has accepted a separate report of abuse of another individual as "a second witness".

These changes occurred without direct pressure from secular authorities - so it increases the likelihood that the organization will be strategic and introduce its own changes so it does not find itself (again) suffering the ignominy of having its standards scrutinzed by a secular authority and being found deficient.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    It is their judicial process that is causing all the problems it allows too much control over peoples lives and is abusively designed.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    What I wonder is that if they change their position will it be in Australia only but not in other nations where reporting isn't mandatory?
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    This isnt hard VI... Current policy is to call the branch in any case of pedophila. When the call is made the branch will direct that the situation be reported to the authorities if so required in a particular state. There will be no end to judicial committees. Ever.
  • geevee
    geevee

It does highlight many other issues that some churches are dealing with apart from paedophiles, women in roles of responsibility, and what about some young sister who has "slipped" up and "sinned"...she will still have to face an inquisition on her own infront of three men?

The RC has shown those who wish to look, that the dubz are a shonk!

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

There was a scramble to hide the financials of WTBTS Australia. This was noted, it will be investigated due to it's tax exempt status.

There are some hard rules about charity that have slipped by the attention of secular authorities. That will change, be sure of it. The tax department don't mind nicking the money back if they think they were in any way deceived. Also Justice asked outright if the WT would consider a collective effort at redress. Not a light little question, but a very leading one.

• Clickster
    Clickster
    Now that there is a solid mountain of evidence and testimony to be drawn upon by any law firm in the USA wanting to connect the governing body to the decisions elder make, might they not easily bring up the same documents in a court case, might it not also be that the way is now smoothly paved for an avalanche of cases that put the organization on the hook at the highest levels for the breach of a duty of care - and substantial damages claims?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit