Cells! Awake

by ihunt 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ihunt
    ihunt

It's been a while since I've posted, but I've been lurking more and more lately (men never made it to the moon :P). I recently saw a copy of the August awake magazine entitle Cells! Living Libraries! I was surprised to find this quote in the magazine

“The filament of DNA is information, a message written in a code of chemicals, one chemical for each letter,” wrote evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins. “It is almost too good to be true, but the code turns out to be written in a way that we can understand.”

I find it interesting that the organization is willing to quote such a militant evolutionist. Will any interested ones look into Richard Dawkins? The lack of scientific information is astonishing, and their metaphors are misleading to say the least. It seems to me that they are opening the door for some dangerous questions with articles like this.

For example, consider this-

• In 1999, fragments of very ancient pottery with unusual markings, or symbols, were found in Pakistan. The marks still remain undeciphered. Nevertheless, they are considered man-made.

• A few years after Watson and Crick discovered the structure of DNA, two physicists proposed searching for coded radio signals from space. Thus began the modern-day search for extraterrestrial intelligence.

You don't need any schooling in logic to see the flaws with that reasoning. They are crumbling...

Ian

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

code = intelligence is their angle and it's a tempting one at 1st glance.

IF (yes that's a very big IF) it turns out that life was started by another intelligence it sure as hell wasnt the man made israelite desert god.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    I wonder if JWs will Google 'Richard Dawkins' because of that article. ;0)
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Even if life on earth originated by another life form, it still leaves the age old question, "Who created God?"

• done4good
    done4good

It is simply amazing that as a publishing house, the WTS never seems to learn to stop the partial quotations out of context, and printing non-cited material. If I remember correctly, Richard Dawkins succinctly called out the WTS quote by quote in The God Delusion for using his quotes out of context in the Creation publication from '80s.

A university student would get expelled for that level of intellectual dishonesty.

d4g

• Half banana
    Half banana

Who is it that would turn to a religious cult (which disapproves of serious education) for scientific information?

Answer: Only the most stupid!

Even if their quotations are valid the context of all their material is contaminated with blind religious obsession for its own doomsday doctrines.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I should be allowed to quote Dawkins now in my home and kingdom hall at will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit