BBC-Panorama on the Finnish Tv

by Liquidizer 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Liquidizer
    Liquidizer

Hello all,

The cut version of the Panorama programme on paedophilia issue among the JW community was shown on our national tv-channel 2 on the 12th of December. After the BBC's section the local PR man, Mr. Leinonen, was interviewed. He was asked what the situation is here in our country and how the issue is or will be dealt with. He said that there has been only a handfull of cases and all of those have been properly dealt with and that the authorities have been informed as well. He also claimed that no information has been sent from the branch to the headquarters in the Brooklyn. He did not mention anything about the alleged paedophile list held at the Brooklyn. Mr. Leinonen was very carefull in choosing his words and I must admit that he did a good job in defending the JW's.

But his calm appearances did not hold him back from sending a letter to the local congregations. In that letter he warned the congregations of the coming programme. The letter was full of that famous JW phraseology: Satan attacing, apostates lying and biased journalists, etc. And the other member of the local branch committee, Mr. Ropponen, used the same tactics in his convention talk. Outrageous hypocrites, I must say. Those bl.....y b.....ds! Aaaarrrrccchhh...

Now there's a heated discussion going on on the Finnish section of the H2O...

I wish everything good to all of you and a very happy new year!

With love,

liq

Edited by - Liquidizer on 28 December 2002 15:35:47

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thank you for the info!!!!

Jesika

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Thanks, Liquidizer. Glad to hear the information is getting "around the world".

Trot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit