At last, I approached my Dub sister !!!!

by johnathanseagull 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Hi all

Haven't posted much of late, very tied down with work and enjoying the hols at the mo, a very xmas to you all......thought I'd relate this to you......to cut a long story short, I eventually emailed my dub sister on some family business and then at the end of my mail in a low key manner wrote that I heard something interesting about the WTS and them being affiliated, and I mentioned the generation change for good measure, and left it at that.....within half an hour I rec'ed my first email from my sister also discussing the family business and then she said she was interested in the UN thing, never heard of it?!?!?! (her hubby and brother are both elders) could I send her more information.......she also went on to say that yes the definition of the generation did change but it wasnt a major doctrine like "blood" !?!?!?!?!?! and many people left "the truff" because of it...............so I wrote back with a synopsis and a link to "randy's" page on the matter..............A few days passed and I had to write to her again and I asked her if she had looked in to it and her words were, "I must of been walking around with my ears shut cause everybody else knows about but me, but I will into it more..................anyway I'm hoping I've sown a few seeds of doubt in there, albeit I felt some of her comments were strange....................your comments are welcome on my next plan of action

J Gull

PS A good new year to you all...........2002 was the year I found this site after being alone in a da'd state for 17 years, may I say a big thank you to all who welcomed me here.

• LDH
    LDH

YOU GO, GULL!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Keep us posted on her response.

Lisa

• onacruse
    onacruse
    I must of been walking around with my ears shut cause everybody else knows about but me

Nothing like finding out we aren't "in the know" to pique our curiosity!

A hint here, another "secret" there...let her rightly think that SHE's the one on a mission of discovery! I'd say you've made a pretty good start.

Good luck!

Craig

• Prisca
    Prisca

Interesting response. At least she hasn't accused you of being an "apostate" yet (like my sister did when I first raised these issues).

Keep us updated.

• Banshee
    Banshee

Jonathanseagull,

It sure feels good to assist family members in taking the blinders off, doesn't it? Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged or rattled even if you encounter some initial fear and anger from your loved ones as you begin to expose the lies. Good luck!

Banshee

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

thumbs up babe !

• anglise
    anglise

Well done JSG that takes some courage.

I am glad she has responded so well.

I hope you are as brave and bolshie as the seagulls we have here on the SE coast (lol). You may need to be!!

Anglise

• ugg
    ugg

it was no doubt a real shock for her....keep hanging in there..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit