Benny Hinn on Dateline

by kelsey007 8 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

What a show- Millions of followers supporting this guy to the tune of $100,000,000 per year! This guy really demonstrates how desperate people are.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yes I saw a show about Benny Hinn sometime ago and he is a real sleaze bag. About how he was taking in all this money from this poor family that believed he could heal their daughter of brain cancer. They ended up going further in debt and their daughter ended up dying anyway. I think Benny Hinn's explanation to them was they did not have enough faith... Another example why I hate religion and the sooner they are relegated to the "ash heap of history", the better. I bet you won't get and of these fanatical fundamentalists commenting on this post.

Will

• JT
    JT
    to the tune of $100,000,000 per year

i tell you like i said before, Lady "C" and I got to get that church going as soon as possible

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What a show- Millions of followers supporting this guy to the tune of $100,000,000 per year! This guy really demonstrates how desperate people are.

That's about 1/7th to 1/5th of what the Watchtower Corporation brings in and they've gotta write, print, publish and sell zillions of dollars worth of literature, videos and cassettes to only get a fraction of their income. The rest they get from interest on loans, disposing of property, assemblies, and getting dubs to will over everything to them.

Benny Hinn is only ONE guy who makes most of his money by standing on stage and telling LIES! That's why I admire him much more than the WTS. At least he doesn't waste entire forests like the WTS does. He hasn't killed as many people as the WTS has, either.

He's still a vile, evil scumbag, though.

Farkel

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

More money is made in the name of God.

• Mary
    Mary

I felt like laughing (or vomiting) when Benny Hinn suggested that the reason someone's illness comes back after he's "healed" them, is because of their lack of faith.

Kind of reminds me of when Freddie Franz got up there at the '76 assembly and told all of us that the reason Armageddon didn't come in '75 is "because YOU were expecting it to!!"

And that brain-dead black woman who kept on defending Benny Hinn and saying that he doing a "work that God called him to do".......and just on and on and on........it just sounded Soooooooooooooo familiar!!

• heathen
    heathen

I thought it was really sick how one lady they interviewed referred to Benny Hinn as the mediator of the annointing of God . That would be so blasphemous it's absurd .These people are without any clue it's pitiful . I hope someone goes after these people with a vengeance .

• 4christ
    4christ

hmmm......i saw that show last night, made me think of this song.......

Suicidal Tendencies

"Send me your Money"

Lights, camera, silence on the set
    Tape rolling, 3-2-1-action
    Welcome to the church of Suicidal
    We'll have a service and wonderful recital
    But before we go on, there's something I must mention
    An important message I must bring to your attention
    I was in meditation and prayer last night
    I was awakened by a shining bright light
    Over head, a glorious spirit
    He gave me a message and you all need to hear it

"Send me your money", that's what he said
    He said to "Send me your money"
    Now if you can only send a dollar or two
    There aint a hell of alot I can do for you
    But, if you want to see heaven's door
    Make a check out for five hundred or more
    "Send me your money", do you here what I'm saying?
    "Send me your money"

Now give me some bass, um yea that's how he likes it
    Now give me some silence, for all you sinners
    Now give me some bass, yea that was funky
    Now take them on home Brother Clark, send me your ...money
    Here comes another con hiding behind a collar
    His only god is the almighty dollar
    He aint no prophet, he aint no healer
    He's just a two bit ***damn money stealer
    Send me your money
    Send it, you got to send it
    Send me your money
    You hear what I'm saying?
    Send it, send it
    Send me your money
    Now how much you give is your own choice
    But to me it's the difference between a prosche and a Rolls Royce
    I want you to make it hurt when you dig into your pocket
    Cause it makes me feel so good to watch my profits rocket!
    We'll take cash, we'll take checks
    We'll take credit cards, we'll take jewelry
    We'll take your momma's dentures if they got gold in them
    So whose gonna be the next king of the fakers
    Whose gonna take the place of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker?
    See my momma, she didn't raise no fool
    Cause you can't put a price on a miracle
    Amen

Edited by - 4christ on 28 December 2002 17:41:58

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I just caught the tail end of this Dateline show and after they had talk show with callers calling in. It is surprising how many people bought his BS although there were some callers that said called him a big crook and fraud. How some of these poor people would contribute and put all there faith in someone and getting nothing but heart break back.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit