Getting the ball rolling with dubs in FS

by Happy 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy
    Happy

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone's weekend is going well so far. Anyway, I just had two brothers show up at my door, and I was planning to bring up an issue they couldn't solve and befuddle and confuse them. But, wouldn't ya know it, I couldn't just blurt out, "How do you explain the 1914 teaching?" I went completely blank, and didn't have anything to say. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the conversation started without seeming like a total @$$ ?

Happy

• ELHOIM
    ELHOIM

Hi Guy,

I' ve had the same problem in the past. Generally i let them stumble through their introduction then, ask them if they are jws. At this point i usually say... oh i used to be a jw.. they will then say oh really why did you leave... enabling you to say for example.."well a few reasons but i never quite understood the generation and 1914 could you explain it for me".

I find this method easier than just dropping a bomb on them... doing that tends to set their apostate alarm bells ringing. Let them feel they are in control, answering questions with questions is always easier.

Elhoim.

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about letting them lead the conversation for a while? As soon as they hit a stupid doctrine i.e. ; Babylon the Great; Jesus' invisible return, WT is the sole purveyor of the "truth", Satan rules the planet, 144,000 etc. etc. etc. Ask a stupid question back. Ask another question. And another. Let your eyebrows go up in incredulity. Really? You guys really believe that? Wow. I let my honey go on for quite a while, agreeing with what is reasonable, then burst out laughing at the ridiculous.

If you need some conversation starters, how about:

• So what are you guys out here for? Do you get paid?
    • Is it true that Witnesses won't eat blood? What is that about?
  • Happy
    Happy

Not a bad idea. BTW, welcome to the board ELHOIM. I'm still a newbie here myself.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks. I have been enjoying your contributions to the board. What part of Canada, Happy_Guy?

• Happy
    Happy

Thanks jgnat, you have very interesting posts yourself. I am from New Brunswick. What about you?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Cool. I have never been on the east coast. I am in Edmonton, Alberta.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

1914 is a good one but can be hard, as the jw's don't really understand it , and the amount of studing - exposing the wt as false on this most jw's will not last past the first study... 1914 is good to use on a family member over a long period of time.. just keep hitting them with more and more facts over the years ... a fast and easy one is to go to any awake till oct 1995 on page 4 were it says the creators promise of a new world order in the life of the generation of one alive in 1914.. .there is much in this one line.. first it is the creators promise?? and the wt printed it... so now it has turned out to be FALSE... you can use 100's of verses to make the jw's look like fools about this false prophecy... i like to tell my dad if i would have became a jw 30 years ago like he wanted i would preached to 1000's a false prophecy ...was this true worship pleasing to jehovah??? lol please let me here that wt pitch about the generation of 1914 again, boy you were so convincing the way you would use the bible to show this 1914 gen. would be the last!!!! WHEN THEY SAY new light i go right back to ..but it was the creators promise. so now you are telling me that god lies ..or man lies... you can have a lot of fun with this and help some open their eyes.... good luck john

• Happy
    Happy

That's an excellent point Johnny. And the great thing about that one is that the dubs can't claim that you're "taking it out of context" or "misreading it" as they printed it themselves, and new light certainly doesn't apply. A think it's a flawless argument. Thank you Johnny.

Happy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit