Today's WT glancing at the opposite sex is flirting and therefore immortality

by purrpurr 61 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sabin
    Sabin
    secretslaveclass, some sisters timeless beauty would be enhanced by a burka
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I've been happily married for over 40 years and I'm an incorrigible flirt!

See, I just like women. I like the way they talk, look, speak and I enjoy their company immensely. But that's it. I don't want to shag anyone else. But I'll dance, hug and be hugged and just generally enjoy the male / female interaction.

Vive la difference!

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I think they've let TM3 do some writing.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

More often than not, I glance at a woman my age and it leads to me losing my interest in having sex.

[Does this mean I'm gay?]

Doc

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    DOC it more likely means that you recognize you're an old fart like me.
  • OrphanCrow
  • besty
    besty
    it would be great if you were able to paste a quote from the WT if making a point so we can see exactly what was written.
  • stillin
    stillin

All in all, it seems like there's something to take away from this WT. sure some mock-worthy stuff, but who can deny that morals are in the sewer these days?

ok, then. Go ahead and deny.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Angus Stewart commented on Jehovah's Witnesses having "the perfect storm" of conditions for child sexual abuse to be prevalent.
    One of the conditions that has been found to be present when child sexual abuse is occurring is repressive norms on masturbation and pre-marital sex. - Heaven

Heaven nailed it. This religion is creating the conditions for child sexual abuse with every new rule they make.

I've told this story before but we went to see a psychologist after leaving the Borg and when we described all the rules about sex in this religion he said this is where child abuse occurs in this sort of climate. We thought it was nonsense at the time being ignorant of all that was happening.

They need to get out of people's marriages and out of their heads.

• Scully
    Scully

10 Another way the Bible helps us is by giving counsel on how to treat those of the opposite sex. (Read 1 Timothy 5:2.) Such counsel clearly rules out flirting. Some may view the use of body language, gestures, and glances that have romantic overtones as harmless in that these do not involve any physical contact. But flirting, or responding to it, may arouse unclean thoughts that can lead to serious sexual wrongdoing. It has happened beforeā€”it can happen again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit