BBC article comparing teaching styles between UK and China

by RedPillPopper 1 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Here is a BBC article on how a experiment compared teaching styles of China and UK. I thought this paragraph summed up perfectly the way the bOrg "teaches" their members.......(I underlined important points)

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-33806511

"Foreign education teaches children to live happily and teaches independent thought... it fosters creativity," read one comment. That focus on creativity appeared again and again in the discussion. "China's education is just cramming... it is solely performance-based," the comment continued. "For years nothing has changed. Students [in China] are taught like robots," wrote another. The same criticism was leveled at the country's higher education system. "China's university education system is really weak, most teachers only pay attention to their script," one comment read".

The last underline reminds me how JW meetings are run. You DO NOT deviate from the "script" of the meeting!!!! I laugh (sadly) now at the WT claim that other religions are "ritualistic". WT meetings and life in general is a complete and absolute ritual. And everything is "performance based"......"Do More"!!!!!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Oh the irony:

THERE is a difference—a big difference—between education and propaganda. Education shows you how to think. Propaganda tells you what to think. Good educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists relentlessly force you to hear their view and discourage discussion. - Awake!, June 22, 2000, pp. 9-11 – [Emphasis added]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit