This week;s PopBitch

by krejames 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• krejames
    krejames

I subscribe to a gossip mailing list called PopBitch, which as the name suggests is concerned with the lowest common denominator trivialities and rumours about people in the public eye (usually wicked whisper type stuff, like some 'anonymous reader' stood next to Samuel L Jackson at urinal and WHEW! What a whopper!. Yes, that kind of garbage I'm afraid. . Ok, I'm not proud of myself but it's one of my guilty pleasures ).

This week, there was a rather random link to a very positive story about Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm still trying to work out why it's there!

Here it is:

"How Jehovah's Witnesses are changing how doctors think about blood transfusion: http://nyr.kr/1f8LGAt"

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    This has been popping up on my timeline to, from witness friends sharing it..
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

My mom showed me a hardcopy of it the other day.

First thing I thought was, "10 bucks this is a puff piece presented as if it was by an outsider, but actually ghost-written by a JW..."

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Just saw a jw share this on facebook....
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    How Jehovah's Witnesses are changing how doctors think about blood transfusion:

That sounds like a terrific sequel to the widely acclaimed article "How the people's temple changed how the world thinks about kool-aid"

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    C😂😂
  • krejames
    krejames
    But why would a completely trivial gossip column include the article? Makes no sense to me.... Who's been bribed? lol
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

krejames - "But why would a completely trivial gossip column include the article?"

And more importantly, what does it say about the article when a gossip column is the only place it could get published?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit