JT look - Local Elder Disfellowshipped

by jesussaves 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Merry Christmas everyone,

I talked to my active JW mother today, and she informed me about an elder that had been disfellowshipped a couple of weeks ago. Now, this had a profound effect on me, because I've known this elder since I was a little girl. I went to school with his daughter.

My mother said that he was disfellowshipped for spending too much time on the internet. It is her theory that he met a woman on the internet and committed adultery. I find this very hard to believe, but of course my mom doesn't think that anyone leaves JWs because they just don't believe the doctrine. In her opinion, they must have committed some "gross sin".

Now, it is my hope that this elder was disfellowshipped because he found out the truth about the 'troof'. I hope that he convinces his wife and children to leave too. He was a very influential elder, maybe his leaving will cause some others to question. It made my mother start asking me questions about what I believe now. Of course, she doesn't want to really hear the answers (she cuts me off mid-sentence) but at least she's asking.

JT, this elder is of the same clique as our friend Gene. Has Shirley called your mother and law yet? I'm sure she shared this little tidbit.

• target
    target

My mother said that he was disfellowshipped for spending too much time on the internet

How does she know that when the reason is not announced? Has she been listening to the gravevine?

Millie

• waiting
    waiting

lol - the grapevine of gossip is stronger than any not-said statement from the platform.

Jesussaves - have you thought about calling this elder and encouraging him to read information on the internet? He may - or may not - have been looking for The Truth about the WTBTS. Perhaps you could help him?

As for having another woman - that's an easy copout. Of course he wasn't looking at apostate literature! He was an influential elder! He just fell into Satan's Snare of Sex. Easier to believe.

waiting

• JT
    JT

I just walked in and Lady "C" is on the phone with her mom as I type- i will let you know

i do know that a number of persons esp single sisters have been meeting men and starting relationship , some have turned out to be great for them in terms of finding a good man, but sad to say due to wt women/men being so sheilded they don't know how to date ad end up getting "Pimped" as it were- get the coochie and run-

I will ck on the elder status as soon as i can

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Of course my mother is listening in on the JW grapevine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's what she lives for. She even asks me questions about THIS website. She wants to know if there is anyone that she knows who posts here or if I have a list of apostates. She's just plain old nosy, but every now and then she inadvertently passes on some good news (like people leaving or getting disfellowshipped) :)

• Smiles
    Smiles

jesussaves,

Has your Mother heard about the allegations facing Ted Jaracz of the WT GB?

If an elder getting the DF for spending "too much time on the internet" interests her.....

What would she say about the Ted Jaracz thing?

• JT
    JT

i was once told that jw have only 2 things to talk about

1. EACH OTHER

2. Something related to WT, field exp, article they read, talk they heard

and when you think about it that is all they can talk about, can't talk about the promotion on the job, new boat, good stock tip they got, etc without being dogged as materialistic, and not spiritual

how many times were we told to REDIRECT CONVERSATION back to something "Spiritual"

I will followup on that elder today

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

JT,

What you said about how "JW women" who are looking for a good honest relationship end up getting "used". That is so true. We are extremely vulnerable to anyone showing us some love and attention. We are so ill-prepared to even know how to date. The men we have known were only of the JDub variety, with they same mind-bend, and so, ladies just be careful. Of course, guys you need to watch out as well. There are lots of women quite capable of using a man and breaking his heart as well. It goes both ways.

I really think the internet is great. It serves a purpose. But, I don't think it's the place to have a serious "relationship"....Not even email. These are great ways to "connect". But, the process of really knowing the person must happen on the personal one on one over a period of time. You would indeed be "lucky" to make a connection that really worked out over the net. The odds are surely against it.

Unless this person "confessed" to using the internet in that way, how would "they" know? I wouldn't be surprised at all, if soon, we learn that the JW's are calling the internet the 666 Beast, and warning all dubs to cease and desist using that "evil tool". That way, they could control them going to sites like our own here...and learning how to live in the real world.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yep, the jw grapevine.....funny how they know, supposedly, why this guy was df'd, when in fact it's supposed to be confidential.

But, ask enough questions, poke around enough, and people do get the answers they seek.

• JT
    JT

We are extremely vulnerable to anyone showing us some love and attention. We are so ill-prepared to even know how to date

##########

SO TRUE indeed i know some of Lady "C" girlfriends would call the house many times just to talk to me under the guise of wanting to talk to an elder- and i just asked a sister once about it and she was upfront as she put it SOMETIMES YOU JUST WANT TO HEAR A MAN'S VOICE-a

nothing of a sexual nature just the conversation of a man as she put it-

and so in the old hall i was in we had 42 single women and my wife would catch it, - they always had a call they wanted you to go on and many times i would not go, cause i knew how they felt- so my wife was often accused of not letting james go on this call with me-

jw women are told what makes a good man

high hour and being used in the congo were considered the only things needed to be a good husband

such things as being a good provider, was not important i know so many bethelites who left bethel went into the field and took some parttime flunky job to keep pionneering and had some little broke down honda civic, no money, clothees from the salvation army. living in some little hell hole apt and yet he is THE CATCH OF THE DAY- HOW SAD

all too often one thing i have seen that just hurts me so bad, my wife and i have had so many FINE SISTERS over to the house who have just left wt and they have literally been handed around from man to man sexually speaking in the quest to find true compannionship - many of this men literally are getting women many times in thier 30's who are virgins and the used them like a cheap dishrag sad to say-

so like you mentioned many of the women don't even know how to start looking for a good man and as one sister told me she is over 40 never been married never really dated persay did the pioneer KEEP YOURSELF BUSY ROUTINE and as she put it I was burning in my loins -so of course there is no shortage of men who will be more than glad to volunteer to put her fire out and they did- yet it was more than that she needed -

she revamped herself and took it slow instead of as she put it - since i had never had a man ( a BROTHER) talk to me sweet on the phone, compliment her, tell here how nice her hair look

it was always "worldly men" so when she left she felt HE MUST LOVE ME IF HE SAID ALL THOSE THINGS of course he only loved her panties, but at any rate, she had to learn the hard way

and that is why i always say i love this NET "THANG" for it can be used in so many postive ways for former jw who are trying to get back into the main stream of life itself

mywife and i often talk about how proud we are of the women who post here- to think that so many of them would never speak back to a man in wt and now many have come out of their SUBMISSION CAGE and are able to stand toe to toe with any man on the net

i love it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit