Mr Jackson said we would notice if the GB said things outwith the scriptures????

by notsurewheretogo 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

In the RC yesterday Mr Jackson said that if wrong direction was given by the GB, the rank and file would notice it.

Yes, we would (and have) but would they/could they do ANYTHING ABOUT IT????

I see plenty of things that the GB say that is not in scriptures but if I say the GB are wrong I'm DF...

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    He said that no witness is expected to follow their direction if is not in harmony with the scriptures. He later on remarked that they provide the current interpretation of scripture. Circular reasoning at its best.
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    Exactly my thoughts. Tell them about things is the Bible they do not take into account or don't believe the way it is written and u get labeled as apostate and disfellowshiped.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I thought exactly the same thing. What difference does it make if people can tell if the GB are saying things that are unscriptural, they have to keep their mouths shut on pain of exile from all the people they know and love.

The indefensible thing about this is that Jackson implied under oath that JWs would all be able to object to any unscriptural directions the GB give!

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

@ StarTrekAngel

the current interpretation of scripture - can't they see how wrong this sounds?

The scripture is the scripture and it does not chance. Unless their doctrine that changes every other month ...

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Yup - don't forget the catch all questions like:

"Don't you believe that this is God's spirit-directed organization?"

"Do you believe that God is teaching us through the faithful & discreet slave?"

I was looking for some evidence of these being formalised as questions for the elders to ask but cannot find it.

Regardless, we all know that ultimately saying things that run counter to current interpretations and doctrine will get you marked for negative attention at the very least...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

'Course the R&F notices it.

Why else do you think we end up here?

• Ding
    Ding

Wrong direction from the GB?

If an ordinary JW said such a thing, he'd be facing a JC on a charge of apostasy.

Does Brother Jackson actually read the Watchtower?

Didn't the WT just warn JWs to obey directions of the faithful and discreet slave even if they didn't seem to make sense?

Doesn't the WT teach that independent thinking is dangerous?

Doesn't the WT teach that no one can understand the Bible without the faithful and discreet slave to interpret it for them?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    In the RC yesterday Mr Jackson said that if wrong direction was given by the GB, the rank and file would notice it.

Quite so.....but it leads to disfellowshipping for apostasy(tm)!

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
    — ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

Or Proverbs 17:28 " Even a fool who keeps silent will be considered wise, And the one who seals his lips, discerning."

There's another quote I can't recall who said it but it goes something like "Those who try to fool others do so because they view others as stupid."

Seriously GB needs to know how stupid they look and sound. Unprepared by the "holy spirit" so as to give sound answers to those asking.

They are molded to make utterances that are unchecked and unchallenged by the millions of those under them so they are totally unprepared to face the simplest of questions they are being subjected to.

Perhaps JAMES 3:1 Has escaped their knowlrdge.. “ Not many of you should become teachers,.. Knowing that we will receive heavier judgement. "

What utter nonsense!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit