Where have all the photo's gone?

by Sargon 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Sargon
    Sargon

Well so this is Christmas?

I've just spent the last hour looking over an old photo album with my 13 year old neice. It brought back a lot of old memories, alot of which are buried, but all good. I wasn't born into 'the truth', i was 13 when my mother started studying. I spent alot of my teen years, from 14 to 17 involved in the organisation. I fortunately was never baptised, so when I left the org, there were no binding ties.

Lets fast forward the last 26 years, now it's Christmas 2002. Half my family are JW's, half are not. Looking at the photo album with my neice reminded me of the Xmas's spent as a family before Jehovah came into our life. Every year our parents would have a professional photographer do his art with the four of us kids posed in seasonal setting. This has left us with a scrapbook of Christmasses past. Thus the waltz down memory lane with my neice.

I long for the days when all 4 of us kids saw eye to eye. There is a bridge between the family members who are JW's and those who are not. When I am with my family members who are "in the truth'. I feel like I am an outsider..

The saddest part is: they have thrown out their copies of the old Christmas photos.

• Scully
    Scully

That IS really sad, Sargon.

What if you scanned those old pictures and edited out the Christmassy parts?? Surely they care enough about their own flesh and blood that the pictures of the PEOPLE would be cherished, without the "pagan" aspect intruding...

Just an idea...

Love, Scully

• Sargon
    Sargon

Well Scully, heres another thought,

When they visualize entering their 'new system', are my family members planning on carrying photos of us 'goats' into eternity. Or are we just going to be forgotten like a bad hair day?

• Scully
    Scully

Well, I guess we'll find out the answer to that question when The New System TM arrives. Too bad we'll all be pushing up daisies before that ever happens.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit