My Xmas Day - Preview

by Bendrr 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

The gifts have been bought and wrapped and the food's in the fridge ready to cook. Tomorrow isn't my first Christmas but it is the first one I'll be hosting and cooking Christmas dinner.

I called my younger brother earlier and he is indeed going to come over! He was df'd last year and is trying hard for reinstatement, but in spite of that he is going to join in a Christmas Day with me and a lot of people he's never met. He's also bringing his guitar and his keyboard so this Xmas party's gonna have live music. Matt's a musician, by the way. The keyboard is this $2500 Korg Triton with a hard drive, touch screen, I mean this thing is just fu**in' da bomb! What Matt doesn't know, but everyone else does, is that he's going to play Santa. Once everyone's here, Matt's got the job of passing out the presents from under the tree.

Dinner's stressing me out, but I know I can do it. Antipasto: ham, salami, pepperoni, proscuitto, cappicola, black and green olives, and Ritz crackers. Also raw oysters with more Ritz crackers and hot sauce. Focaccia bread. Bruschette. A big pot of whole crawfish. Manicotti stuffed with ricotta and mozzerella cheeses and garlic and baked in marinara sauce. Various preparations of prawn, shrimp, scallops, and clams all italian style with plenty of olive oil, garlic, and white wine served over linguine and fettucini. A bottle of Chardonnay, a bottle of champagne, 2 bottles of Luna di Luna Pinot Grigio (which is a wine I highly recommend), 1 case of Dos Equis Lager, and 1 case of Miller Lite. Plus some Smirnoff Ice with watermelon Jolly Ranchers for my sister in law Tina.

My nephews are getting a Playstation 2 wrapped in plenty of pink Barbie gift wrap. The other kids are getting Gameboy games. I told my adopted nephew Josh I was letting him off the hook this year as far as joke gifts. <<<NOT!>>> He saw the Final Fantasy X that I bought for my other nephews and I know he's expecting a copy for himself. Not that I gave him that impression or anything. But yeah I got him one too. It's wrapped up and hidden away until he thinks I didn't get it for him.

I'll have some pics up later this week.

Mike.

Edited by - bendrr on 24 December 2002 23:34:19

• Princess
    Princess

That food sounds amazing Bendrr. Don't stress too much, it will be just fine even if it doesn't go as planned.

Have a good time. I love the pink Barbie gift wrap for the boys, nice touch.

Rachel

• nita6368
    nita6368

Mike,

Save me some Antipasto...I haven't even heard of that wonderful stuff since I moved to KY..

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Ben,

Sounds awesome. What time did you say Christmas dinner was?? Yummy
    I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time! MERRY CHRISTMAS Bendrr

• Celia
    Celia

Where does Bendrr live ? what time is dinner.... salivating smurfette

• riz
    riz

so who's carpooling with me to Mike's house?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit