A JW X-Mas Prayer

by kelsey007 8 Replies latest jw friends

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Oh lord Jehovah God Almighty. Please give me the strength to overcome the urge to buy presents for my loved ones. Please aid me in ovecoming my admiration of the lovely lights (er- pagan lights) that decorate my neighbors houses. Please give me the strength to not look with envy at the festive gatherings of the worldly pagans that seemingly enjoy this season. Jehovah, Please forgive me for having the least bit of envy for the fun that all others are having and give me the courage and strength to knock on doors on x-mas morning and disrespect (er warn) others of the shortness of this wicked old system. Being a mere human I know that it will be only through the fear of man (er of god) that I will be able to stand strong in my ingnorance (er new light) of the evils of this holiday, festive (er wicked paganistic) season. Amen.

Edited by - kelsey007 on 24 December 2002 19:26:58

• Beans
    Beans

And forgive me Jehovah for leaving the Christmas song on the radio, and for accepting the gifts from my boss and clients! In deed in due time I will repent for saying Merry Christmas to those who believe as I am to ashamed to reveal that I am one of Jehovahs Witnesses.

Beans

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

LOL @ Beans Too funny!

• Francois
    Francois

And forgive me, too, for the lump that forms in the back of my throat each time I hear Bing Crosby sing "White Christmas," especially when it's late at night and snowing and I'm alone, and he sings that part about, "...just like the ones I used to know," that rips my heart out and stomps that sucker flat and I wish I'd never, ever, heard the words "Jehovah's Witnesses" that have come to blight my life like a bad rash. So, Jehovah, do you think that you, creator of all we call real, the vast universe of universes, of stars without number, of myriads of angels, of mysteries we haven't even thought up yet, sender of all things good, whom we can best know as "God is Love, and who is full of infinite mercy and forgiveness, do you think you can scratch around somewhere in your divinely divine eternally and infinitely merciful nature and forgive me for being human? Do you?

Your Son,
    Frank

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

ALL TOGETHER NOW:

Dashing through the snow
    In a 4-door JDub car
    O'er the streets we go
    Preaching near and far,
    Bookbags in our hands
    Freezing butts and heads
    No one wants to listen
    'Cause they're having fun instead.
    Oh, Jingle Bells, mags don't sell
    No one wants a tract.
    All they want is peace on earth
    Without us - that's a fact!
    Why oh why
    Do we try
    To tell the people lies?
    The elders said
    By them we're led,
    I guess that Jesus lied.

Nina

• Happy
    Happy

Very catchy cruzanheart

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Nina- good jingle! I grew up with a Nina in Decatur Al. Anyway thanks for the jingle!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Thanks, 007! However, of all the places I've been, Alabama isn't one of them. Yet.

Nina

• happysunshine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit