Thank you Jesika

by acsot 5 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

I mentioned this in chat yesterday with Jesika, and thought that I should make it public.

Its thanks to Jesikas story that I was able to crack through my JW defenses and see the truth about the truth. I read about her abuse on the SilentLambs website, which then led me to other sites, then eventually here.

What struck me initially about the what people had been through was the terrible emotional impact, honest soul-searching and sincere desire to help others. Not at all the foaming-at-the-mouth rabid apostate dribble JWs are told to fear when venturing onto other non-official JW sites.

I discovered sites where people were having in-depth doctrinal debates, Scriptural research and questioning that went beyond anything ever presented in a Kingdom Hall. Fortunately, by the time I did stumble across those rabid flame-wars, I had already disconnected mentally and emotionally from thinking that JWs had any form of the truth.

So, thank you Jesika. Your courage has paid off in ways you never expected.

And thank you Simon for having this site to welcome us lost sheep.

Ill be off work for the next week and a half, till January 6 th . Since I dont have internet access at home (hopefully that will change soon) Ill wish you all safe and happy holidays and a happy New Year. See you next year.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well said Acsot.

Brave Jesika's story also moved me deeply, and I am glad to be in the company of people such as one meets on this board - with just a few exceptions of course

The Blinkers are OFF now forever!!

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( jesika)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

hugs...........maybe some day you will realize or i will have the mental ability to write to you and tell you what a kind,,and generous heart you have...you are so warm and giving...and help in ways you just do not realize.....i am not only happy,,but very honored to call you my "FRIEND" thank you.

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Awww, Ascot I am so happy that you were able to
    find strength here. That's what it's all about, really.

Not at all the foaming-at-the-mouth rabid apostate dribble JWs
    are told to fear when venturing onto other non-official JW sites.
    LOL! I'm guilty of the same fear. The WTBTS made me afraid of everything
    and everyone. Now I see that the only thing to be afraid of is them!

I don't know Jesika personally, but I'd like to say THANKS to her
    as well for sharing her story and inspiring courage in others.

YAY, JESIKA!
  • Happy
    Happy

I would also like to thank you Jesika for making me feel welcome here at the board. Thanks a bundle.

• Jesika
    Jesika

Awwwwwwwwww thank you guys.

"Mouthy" or Grace emailed me to tell me about this thread (thanx mouthy). Due to the holidays I haven't been online so I didn't see this.

I just wanted to say when ascot told me this in chat I was almost in tears. I am glad my experience is helping others, that was the reason I posted it, and I am overjoyed to know it was not in vain.

I will continue to do as I have been doing, trying to help others and making those who are new here feel welcome, others have done the same for me when I first got on the net and I am just passing on the love that was shown to me.

I love you guys.

Jesika

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit