Feeling Grateful Today

by CC Ryder 1 Replies latest jw friends

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

I had to travel last week on business. It was my first time back in the air since 9/11. I flew into Laguardia on an early morning flight and was able to see the Lower Manhattan Skyline. I had seen numerous pictures, and footage of that day, over and over the past year and a half. I wasn't prepared for the emotions that came over me. I thought of all the families and children and the coming Christmas Holiday. On the return to the airport, the limo driver was quiet until we went over the Geaorge Washington Bridge and he motioned to look south. He said that he always looks and feels inside like he did on that day. His cousin worked in Tower one six floors above the impact point. He went through most of the details of what he and his family went through over the first month after it happened. All I was able to muster was a chocked response of how sorry I felt for him. The first thing I did when I checked into my flight was to get a drink. Things all around seem normal, everyone is busy with their lives, but you can tell when talking to them that that day is right next to their thoughts.

I feel grateful today as Christmas is a day away, Tink and I are healthy, safe, warm, and have alot to be thankful for. I know things could change overnight, but this day I am grateful. I hope and pray that those who lost loved ones that day are able to get comfort as time passes. They'll never be the same, but time does have some way of lessening the greif. Forgive me for being so solumn, I just had to vent. I wanted to write this when I got back last week, but couldn't until this morning.

I hope all of you here on the Forum and your families have a safe, and wonderful Christmas and New Year!!!!

CC

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Thanks for sharing that, CC.

Gratitude is a great thing. It always puts life in perspective for me.......makes me really appreciate things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit