Looking for a BOE letter...

by LFitzwater 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LFitzwater
    LFitzwater

We had an elder visit my husband this weekend and he said that the WTS has given the elders new direction on the handling of child molestation but that he could not tell us what it said because it was confidential. I'm sure someone has posted this and it is probably more BS. I told my husband they tell the elders it is cofidential because it gives the elders a sense of power knowing they have info that the rank & file don't have.

Anywat, If anyone knows where I can find a copy please let me know. I'm sure my husband would love to see it.

Oh, and the response my husband got from the WTS after his 3rd letter to them asking why his dad is not DFed was something to the effect of Let it go, forget about the past, and let the local elders study with you. PUKE! They did not answer anything! But it was interesting to find that the letterhead had changed from WTS letterhead out of NY to Christian Congergation of Jehovah's Witnesses out of Pennsylvania. Gladly, my husband refused the study.

Laurie Fitzwater

• core
    core

I think the information the elder refers to was in two letters read out to elders at the last kingdom Ministry School.

No copies were allowed nor were copies sent to Congregations, the CO had them to read out.

The info was posted on this forum earlier in the year by Caspian

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39478&site=3

• avishai
    avishai
    We had an elder visit my husband this weekend and he said that the WTS has given the elders new direction on the handling of child molestation

Oh, sure! Refer to this part of your post to see if they've really changed.

Oh, and the response my husband got from the WTS after his 3rd letter to them asking why his dad is not DFed was something to the effect of Let it go, forget about the past, and let the local elders study with you
    I know you've been working on this for a long time, my comment was rhetorical, & for others who might read this post. Their continued arrogance is disgusting, & the ways they are trying to cover their asses are disgusting.
  • UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here are all of the Body of Elders (BOE) Letters that I know of:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit