Want to help with some research?

by Kingpawn 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

As most of you know, I'm studying tarot cards. Each week a new lesson arrives via e-mail.

A couple of weeks ago, lesson 3 showed me how to do a three-card spread. It's where a queston is asked, the 22 cards of the Major Arcana are shuffled, and the top three cards drawn. The first is the "current situation" card, the second, "advice," and the third, "the expected result."

In that lesson I did readings for myself. Now I've been told to do them for others. Maybe the idea is that with someone else I'll be more objective...don't know.

So what I'm looking for are people who might be as curious about this area as I am and who'd like to have a reading done for them. We could do it through e-mail naturally. I recently got lesson 5 and doing readings for others could be an ongoing thing so any number of people can respond.

If you'd like to participate then, e-mail me a question, I'll do a reading ASAP and reply with what I interpret the cards to mean. Be focused on the question as you type it. I'd be interested in knowing too if you felt the readings were accurate as far as your current situation and how things turned out (how close to what was predicted, iow) if the advice given was followed.

I'd heard about the cards for many years and am experimenting to see how well it works.

`Course, if I interpret the cards as seeing something bad, which I don't know would happen, and someone was to freak out because they thought I made it happen, maybe they should pass on this.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Kingpawn,

Count me in. This will be fun. I am sending the email today. Thanks for the offer.

Love ya,

Robyn

• Mystla
    Mystla

I'd love to give it a try, but I've never done this before, what kinds of questions can we ask? general questions? specific? how detailed can we be?

Let me know and I'll send you a question!

Mystla

• NoMoreJW
    NoMoreJW

Yeah Tarot! I had one about a year ago and it was brilliant. Was 100% true :) Don`t know if I want another in case it undoes the last one hehe only joking ;)

• thinker
    thinker

A while ago I found a DOS freeware program for tarot. If you'd like to download it click here:

http://www.rkwest.com/myfiles/tarot.zip

There's also I-ching and fortune telling freeware available. For the complete list click:

http://www.rkwest.com/downloads.shtml

thinker

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Ok here is my question:

What will be the winning lottery numbers?

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Mystla,

I'd love to give it a try, but I've never done this before, what kinds of questions can we ask? general questions? specific? how detailed can we be?

Let me know and I'll send you a question!

As I understand it they can be general, but obviously the more specific the more a person might see the advice's relevance to their own personal situation. I should say the cards are symbolic rather than literal, and a skeptic could argue that the results are too vague to be of any use--like a horoscope.

AND all questions and respondent's names stay private. After all, just because someone showed an interest here in trying doesn't mean they actually went through with it. No one else need know either way. Topics--whatever's important to you. Detailed--as detailed as you feel comfortable in being.

I'll give an example of one I did on me and the results.

A woman at work (I write about this topic a lot, don't I? But I digress... ) is something of a "struts her stuff in the lunchroom" type, and maybe had her eye on me at one time (I was trying to call home from work on a new system (whoops, bad pun) and while telling me her problems doing the same, told me her phone number). A year or more later she invited the guys on my line to "hit [her] up for lunch sometime, you really should." To make a long story short, unless you want the details, it looked like she and I might end up in the sack eventually. But it's almost impossible for us to meet. My secure e-mail addy...unused.

What to do? I did a reading and the cards I drew said I needed to take time to think, we were in a holding pattern, trust my instincts on this, and if I did a period of harmony would result.

Well, we were on hold obviously; I wasn't harmonious (blood glucose readings were all over the place); my opinion of her was--cold, shrewd, calculating--but also a woman very distressed by being 40+ and desperately trying to reassure herself she still "has it") and did I really want to be with someone like that? I wouldn't touch her heart, I thought, so best I drop it quietly. I did, so far anyway on her part, and glucose readings (and my emotional balance) are getting back to normal.

So what happened (besides the obvious--I was played)? Did the cards show me I needed to rethink this, and force me to see what I didn't want to? Sounds like it to me. Would I have thought about this deeply anyway? I honestly doubt it. Blinders, y'see. Why did I chase after her, considering my opinion of her? When an attractive (outwardly) woman shows an interest in a guy, well...and maybe, I thought, I can change her view of both her age and herself. The hero and the horndog all rolled into one.

Goshawk--which lottery? There are just so many!

Robyn--thanks for taking me up on this.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Mark,

I sent you an email....

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Mark,

I sent you an email. As I mentioned . . . I am a bit leery about having my fortune told . . . something between "jw fear" that tries hard to survive in me, even after being out of the jws for three years . . .and wanting to direct my own life, and shed all the brainwash . . . . by degrees. Anyway . . . I'm hoping. . . . . and I'm willing to help you out with this!

ESTEE

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Estee-nice pic!

For those who might be wondering, all e-mails received have been answered.

Robyn--lately I've had mail that sometimes showed up weeks or even months after it was sent to me. I can only guess why, but yours hasn't arrived yet. I'll be waiting!

So far, there have been some accurate results, in the "this is your current situation" department. One person has told me that they are going through much change right now, which fit with the card drawn for their reading. Time will tell how accurate the overall performance of the cards, and my interpertations of them, will be.

Incidentally for any lurkers, feel free to take part if you're so inclined.

Kingpawn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit