The Best wishes

by ozziepost 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie was just saying to me as we were driving home, "Isn't it so refreshing to be able to respond to Xmas wishes without cringing or worrying about 'our conscience!'".

Funny isn't it that when we were dubs (the true Christians) we could be so disrespectful of the good wishes of others. Now that we are a little "worldly" we can show real appreciation for others thoughtfulness. Funny that, isn't it?

Cheers, Ozzie

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Today at work, everyone was wishing me a merry christmas, and I was able to respond whole heartedly and very happily, "Hey! Merry Christmas to you too!" It felt so nice, not not have to just whince and smile, or to say (if I was feeling really brave that day) "Thank you, but I don't celebrate Christmas" bleh!

• Michael Collins
    Michael Collins

Happy Christmas everyone.

Michael

• vanilia
    vanilia

i went to the office christmas party and got very drunk :)

• Latte
    Latte

Ozziepost & Mrs,

Yes, it is really wonderful to be able to relax with people, I have realized that all this giving and recieving is such a positive thing. The dubs are really missing out.

...mind you I did worry the other day.....I was there studying the Xmas lights display, when as I was walking away, I noticed an elder sat about 5ft away from me (instore Cafe') I walked passed him, then thought to myself, no, I will talk to him! I'm glad that I did, coz' he removed his 'stoneyface' and was actually very nice to me. (I do believe that he has he own doubts to deal with)

I feel sorry for the JW's. I dreaded xmas all my life.

Now...is just great!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

• Latte
    Latte

Vanilla,

i went to the office christmas party and got very drunk :)

But did you enjoy yourself?

Welcome to the board! Any chance of letting us know where abouts in the UK you are?

Latte

(eat, drink, and be merry...as tomorrow you'll have to sleep it off!)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Mr. and Mrs. Ozzie you are class acts......... really kind , refined people. I always enjoy your post and polls.

Merry Christmas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that does feel good to say it, I have been saying it all day to strangers at the store and everyone really seems to mean it........ it is nice to be able to not have to same thank you, but to reply with a big smile back at them and say those words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit