Blood issue

by Happy 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Happy
    Happy

Maybe someone can offer an answer to a question I have, that no witness as of yet has been able to answer me satisfactorily. How can JW's even THINK about denying their baby or child a blood transfusion in a life or death situation? I would think that when Elder Pious says, "You know brothers, sisters, Jehovah God does not want us to take blood, even in seemingly deadly situations. I'm afraid that little Susie is going to have to die. Yeah, it's a shame.", that warning bells would go off and people would realize how twisted the WTBTS is. I honestly cannot understand this. I know the WT has a lot of control over the JW's, but, a child's life? Come on, that's insane. Anyone want to shed some light on the subject?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The same way that nations get people to sacrifice their young men in war: They create a higher power to answer to - God or the Fatherland - then make heroes out of those that sacrifice their all. They create a mythos that can be very inspiring by taking advantage of people's natural desire to please God.

Also, in terms of negative reinforcement, they call those that shrink back cowards and penalize them for not believing enough.

People sacrificed their children to Molech, so nothing they do should surprise us.

CZAR

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

And then 5 or 10 years down the road..they say "Whoops we have new light..it's OK now!"...

I think people should take in knowledge and research both sides of an issue and make their own decisions. Not fear some "Religious Organization".

And this should be done "Before" an emergency strikes!

Since Hubby has been sick..we talk about things we never talked about before...and we should have!

How many people have made legal arangements in case something happens to them?..What happens to their children? And I don't mean just asking a friend or relative to take them..I mean a legal arrangement. Where you can write out your wishes for the child or children.

Important things should be talked about..decided on..arranged..and thats it!..A worry off your mind.

Including what to do if the family member or loved one dies. Hubby and I never talked about it. I just assumed he and I would be buried side by side in the family plot...But he wants to be cremated. And his ashes spread out at the kingdom hall...Not my choice..but his decision.

And all he knew how to say was"No blood!".Without talking about it I wouldn't have learned of the aternatives!

Many don't want Blood for other reasons..but people need to express their wishes BEFORE the emergency!

Snoozy....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit