Stumped and Bambuzled my Sister

by Beans 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beans
    Beans

The other night I was talking with my sister on the phone and I asked her if she had ever questioned her faith? My heart was pumping as I wasn't sure what her reaction would be, but she was so open and spoke freely with me and even as I brought up topics about the JW's as she is one she kept listening. I'm sure it helped that I was only using Watchtower quotes as she really could not dispute as it is what the Slave has provided.

Interestingly as a baptized JW she still didn't seem confident that Jehovah would let her into the "Magic Kingdom" and she mentioned that she would only hope he would let her in. So I said what about the other 6 Billon plus who will be killed. Her response was that she thinks that some will be saved even as I explained what the Watchtower teaches she was confused.

I asked her if there were any mistakes in the bible? She said no, so I replied that the Watchtower says there is!

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/bible_errors.htm

She was very confused!

I also asked her about all the false profhecies and she replied that men make errors! So I said that if the Faithless and Indescrete Slave have been delivering the spiritual food since these predictions were made and there word is from Jehovah directly how can they be wrong?

Also confused!

But here's the MEAT and POTATOES and ultimate confusion that STUMPED her, I said what about what Jesus said in 1 Corinthians 11:26 "For as often as YOU eat this loaf and drink this cup, YOU keep proclaiming the death of the lord, until he arrives.

So I asked why do you celebrate the Memorial as your previous publications said Christs presence started in 1873?

http://www.quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/presence.htm

First she said what bible is that from? I said it does'nt matter it's all the same, so she looked it up and sure enough is was a carbon copy from the NWT "thanks AlanF"! She kept mauling over the scripture and could not close her bible and was all discombobulated and could not answer my question!

Well the doubt has set in, it might only be a little bit but it is a start. One thing I know and that is the trust that my sister has for me and she knows that I would never mislead her so anything I tell her she will take as truth and not lies. This has opened up our relationship as we can talk about his freely now!

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Scully
    Scully

Good for you Beans...... Don't you just LOVE reverse witnessing???

I'm glad your sister trusts you and feels comfortable confiding in you... that will help tremendously when she starts thinking and needing someone to talk to.... she'll know she can come to you and speak freely....

Sad that she still doesn't feel worthy of making it into the Magic Kingdom, despite all the work she's doing for it.... doesn't she wonder why she bothers if there's no guarantee and there's probably going to be people who are saved who never did as much for "Jehovah" as she has....

Keep up the good work...

Love, Scully

• jurs
    jurs

Beans,

I've read that scripture a zillion times and I never linked it to the memorial. Very thought provoking!!! I'm sure it did confuse her. I think it's encouraging that she didn't get defensive and weirded out on you. I'm glad you posted this. If any JW's would talk to me I'd like to ask them that same question about why celebrate the memorial.

jurs

• Quotes
    Quotes

Lets hope that reason will prevail over illogic, fear, and superstition.

You are doing some fine work there, Beans!

• rebuilding94
    rebuilding94

way to go Beans

I admire folks who can tell it like it really is.

Fear took over my parents when I tryed to speak to them, now they wont talk to me at all.

I feel like Im the one who's stumped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit