A proliferation of semi-pro-JW sites

by Brokeback Watchtower 2 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

As more and more JW learn TTAT maybe these new ones who are still in might be interested in making a bunch of JW sites where they are more loosely moderated and negative stuff about the organization is planted and removed(allowed to stay but only a few days).

Make it appear safe for regular JWs but allow some freedom of expression to stay on for a time. IOW run by more moderate moderators who eventually get rid of offending posts after some deliberation.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

eh. Personally I think things are fine the way they are. The super indoctrinated aren't going to be made to think without something impacting them on a personal level. If something does hit them on a personal level, they'll find their way out eventually.

I think it's much more advantageous to have the internet full of 99% anti-JW information with one or two forums full of such sickeningly thick cult behavior that it makes it completely obvious to the outside world what this cult is. When you dry up recruiting, their only outlook is attrition. That attrition will then cause more to doubt and wonder why things aren't going the way they should be.

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness

Hey BW

I was thinking exactly the same thing! I was thinking of it from the angle of swearing; many JWs might find some of the language on these sites (by those of us who have fully recovered) makes them choke on their Kool-Aid. So maybe a more JW friendly site with less anti-GB etc talk would be a halfway house for them and help them on the way? I don't have a clue how to do such a thing, but would love to join and contribute if anyone has any idea. Make it a gentle drip-feeding site for TTATT-curious individuals?

Gosh, I'm starting to sound like a mentally diseased apostate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit