An observation

by yard dog 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yard dog
    yard dog

I'm in the process of reading "Crisis of Conscience" for the second time trying to gather up any missed points from the first reading and came across this observation. Of all the governing body members mentioned I don't think there was one that wasn't "white". This strikes me as odd. I would think that God would want his modern day mouthpiece to be as diverse ethnically and culturely as the people that they represent. From all the names mentioned and their backgrounds there was not one asian,spanish,latino,african,indian and so on listed as a member of the GB. Just a bunch of old white dudes. If I'm wrong please let me know and does this seem odd to anyone else. I thought God was colorblind but he picked all white dudes to lead everyone. Hmmmmm! Somethings not right here.

• TR
    TR

Yep. All were cheese & cracker men.

TR

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I s'pose they could point out that God dealt with an ethnically pure Israel in Old Testament times, and so having one racial origin isn't so strange.

Yeah, OK, I don't wear it either!!!

Even die-hard R&F in other English-speaking lands try and "downplay" the Americanisation of "God's earthly organisation".

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Since I never believed that any of the "bible folk" were caucasian, this is something I questioned when I was just a mere little "white" child. (And, I don't ever remember seeing a black angel.)

It's those good ole boys doing what they do best.

JT is so right, cheese and cracker men!! (With the bottle hidden in the drawer, to help it all go down smoothely.)

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

TR, I didn't mean to ignore your post, but I was thinking of JT, as he always calls them the "cheese and cracker" guys.

• hooberus
    hooberus

The Watchtower even up to the 1950's contained statements about white racial superiority and anti-black, anti-hispanic, and anti-oriental, statements. Perhaps the Governing Body members were influenced by these and want to "keep the organization clean."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit