Would you let anyone else treat you like JW's do?

by Iwasyoungonce 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

I was reading another thread and thought WAIT A GOD DAMNED MINUTE!

Who here would take the abusive language that is taken from the Jehovah Witnesses by anyone else? They don't act like this in service. (Well I had one that did.) Why is it so acceptable for them to act like such asses in private and, as a general rule it is accepted? Why? If someone else did it would you be willing to be called names that equal "nigger?" That is what I think of as the "apostate" term is used by them. They are using defaming slang and yet the word bigot is rarly applied. Why? I have seen many people here who would, and probably could, kick my butt if I acted with 1 tenth of the arrogance that these guys think they can. Sometimes cleaning someones clock is exactly what they need. I am not advocating assult. I am saying stand up for yourself. Call them on it if they are flipping bull. And allow them the same curtesy. If they get rude throw them the hell out of your house. If they do it in their house or in public leave them where they are. Just walk away. If they challenge you physicly defend yourself. Don't put yourself in the position where they have power over you making you feel that you have to endure the petty putdowns and back-biting. Never let someone hit you to silence you. That is just plain wrong. It is not acceptable. They would not endure it if they were the ones being put down. The JW's call that persecution. They want respect. It is something that is earned. Just because you are a church member, parent, friend, or famliy member you do not have the right to verbally or physically assult someone. They do it. There should be a price for it. We teach people how they can treat us. The Jehovah Witnesses teach us to fear them. Often we do fear what they might do if we challenge their percived authority. It is not respect, it is fear. Until one day you are not afraid any more. There are many more of us than there are of them. 6 million so what. Ever look at world statistics? In numbers they are but a worm. They have no credibility much less authority. I will never bow down to them to be abused or lied to again. Never.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

I think that's why alot of us are here on this board....we stopped taking the abuse from the WTS. I don't allow them to treat me any way because they're rules don't exist for me. They can believe what they want and make choices based upon that, but it's not gonna change who I am. You treat people how to treat you! Either you have the power or they do! I took that power back in 1999 and it's been that way ever since. They know that they don't set the rules for me, therefore, I'm not recieving any kind of treatment from them!

• bay64me
    bay64me

Iwasyoungonce,

I've been thinking along the same lines myself these days. However,(almost ashamed to say).....I am actually a recipient of jw persecution, as you call it

I am having major panic attacks (seriously), over the proposed clamp-down on inactive ones. And am dreading that familiar knock at the door.

I have taken much encouragment from another poster here, (can't remember if the name is TH or JH) But think I am really lacking the oomph, bravery, courage to do anything radical.

• Scully
    Scully

Actually, when we first ventured outside the JWs, I was surprised at how genuinely nice non-JWs are. Without having to be told!! Without an ulterior motive!!

As time progressed, it became more and more apparent that encounters with JWs were variations on a theme: "You are a worthless schmuck and we're doing you a huge favour by breathing the same air as you." The disgusting terms that were used to "encourage" us were "If you turn your back on The Truth TM , your three beautiful children will be better off if you take them out in the back yard and blow their heads off with a gun. That way they'll have a resurrection in the Paradise and you won't take them down with you at Armageddon." And to think I used to accept that kind of filth as normal and helpful.

The only reason JWs get away with that kind of garbage is because people on the outside never see that vile behaviour for themselves. JWs save that special kind of abuse for the people in their midst who are in need of love and compassion and encouragement. That's what makes places like this so important: by sharing common experiences and realizing that we were not alone - in a forum that's open to the public - we offer a unique honest and eye-opening view of JWs that people will never see from behind the peephole in their front door.

If something that's happened to me - disclosed here - keeps just ONE person from becoming a JW, I will consider the 25 years I lost to that frikkin cult to have not been wasted.

Love, Scully

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

hi jay

as you remember from my WTS secret police thread, i didnt let any of them walk over me at any time. only a few tried and failed, expecting me to yeild to them. yer right!

too many people are all too willing to be told what to do how to do it with out question. people have to learn that it should be the other way around.

cheers jay

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Even though I would never accept any more emotional or religious abuse from the WTBTS, they are still effectively abusing me, through my own mother. She began shunning me again the end of August, and there is no budging her. This abandonment has seriously affected me, even at 56 years old. I usually rise above it, but rejection from my only living parent is a low blow to my inner self. I just lost my dad two years ago next month.

It could be worse, I realize. There are many on here who have wives, husbands, parents, children, looking down upon them in disgust and judgment, shunning them, labeling them. It hurts. No matter how old you are, or what gender, it really does crush us.

We just have to find substitutes for those lost loves. We have to find other people out there, on here, who will accept us and love us and want to associate/connect with us. We have to make up a structure of some type of family, and move on. I'm still trying to do that....only thing is, there aren't many 78 year old women out there who need a replacement daughter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit