by Nosferatu 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Just thought I'd relate this story, it's quite funny!

The memorial came around, and my mother brought this newly baptized lady who my mother successfully got into the JWs. We went and picked her up. There was a very strong smell of booze on her. Anyway, we went to the memorial.

When the bread was being passed down our row, Mom's bible study broke a piece off and chowed it down! Crumbs all over the place. Everyone was looking.

The wine came around, and she guzzled down about half the glass! Again, everyone was looking and whispering to each other.

She was DFed shortly after. I wish I would have done this before I left. It would have been funny, since I was never baptized. Then again, there's always an open invitation to the memorial :)

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Your story reminded me of one I heard a few years ago when I still attended meetings.

My friend worked a job share with a pioneer sister, and the pioneer sister went on vacation to visit her sister at a seaside resort in the UK for a short holiday. While she was there, her sister invited one of her bible studies to the public talk, but the bible study was finding attending meetings tough, being she was a lady of the night, and couldn't afford to give up her work. Well, she eventually makes it to the public talk with the pioneer sister my friend job shared with, and her sister. The public speaker is invited to the platform as a visiting speaker - and the 'lady of the night' promptly says "Oh, I know him - he's one of my regulars!". I really lol a lot when I was told but the poor pioneer sister was horrified. I could tell you others that I heard over the years but hey - I'd wear my fingers out!

• Mary
    Mary

So you can officially get disfellowshipped for partaking of the emblems at the Memorial eh? Whatever happened to the ol' : it's between you and Jehovah??..........

The 144,000 doctrine is pure bullshit anyway, as anyone with half a brain can figure out when they read Revelation.......either it's a literal number of literal Jews, or it's a symbolic number of symbolic Jews..........and where the hell does the bible state that the emblems are only for these guys??

Just another stupid man-made rule........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit