Random acts of kindness

by mrs rocky2 4 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

WT taught us that people outside the Borg were wicked, selfish, and no good. My experience with non JWs has been quite the opposite. Last night some friends (never been JW friends) took Mr Rocky to dinner for his birthday. They sang the "happy birthday" song to him (loudly, off tune, quite the spectacle). A few tables away an 11 year old boy was also celebrating his birthday. He came over to our table to share cake and birthday wishes. It was so sweet and random, totally unselfish, exactly the opposite of what WT taught us to believe about 'worldly' people. It really made Rocky's birthday a memorable occasion.

Mrs Rocky

Be the change you want to see in the world. -Mahatma Gandhi

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((Mrs. Rocky)))) I am touched so often by the good 'worldly' people I have had the privilege of getting to know since I walked away.
    What a sweet thing for this boy to do.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. ROCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
    Dottie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Mr. Rocky,

Happy Belated Birthday. Glad you had such a great time.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Mrs Rocky2,

What a wonderful and heartwarming story about your husband's birthday!!!

And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! to MrRocky2!!!!!!

These kinds of occurances have been my experience as well, since I left the JW's. Interestingly, when I was a JW we were TOLD that JW's were the only ones with these kinds of stories to relate!!

Hehehehe!!!

Oh, Windchaser/Dottie!! I notice that you have passed the 1000-mark with postings! Congratulations!!!!

Love,

Esther

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wow, that is so great.

How was your trip?????????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit