Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the "faithful slave"?

by Marvin Shilmer 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

But. The RC had been given some excellent documents, magazines, letters, books and were aware of the lie...........They really were not fooled. They just let him lie. Now, I wonder why they did that.

I think that fact that it is on record the slippery Mr Jackson will have to address this in the future. Not sure how, but I am sure he will, they will. Bullshit has a way of flying back in ones face..........

• Island Man
    Island Man

Today I thought of another response that might also work:

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it true that Jesus is the one appointed to make the judgment as to whether his disciples in position of authority proved to be the faithful and discreet slave and appoint them over all his belongings; and that that judgment takes place in the future when he returns to execute judgment?
    Therefore, I beseech you brothers to give Jesus' authority, to Jesus, but my human limitations to me. My bible-trained conscience tells me it would be presumptuous of me to make a judgment as to who is or is not the faithful and discreet slave. I leave that Judgement for Jesus to make. It is even so written at 1 Corinthians 4:5:

"Therefore, do not judge anything before the due time, until the Lord comes. He will bring the secret things of darkness to light and make known the intentions of the hearts, and then each one will receive his praise from God."

So the brothers whom Jesus will finally judge as having proved to be the faithful and discreet slave do not need my judgment or approval of them being such - it is for Jesus to make that judgment and approval - nor do they need me to praise them as being the faithful and discreet slave - it is better that they get their praise from God rather than men. Don't you agree?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit