Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the "faithful slave"?

by Marvin Shilmer 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

God's Kingdom Of a Thousand Years Has Approached WT1973 on page 355 says

"All his belongings" over which the "faithful and discreet slave" class is appointed must refer to all the spiritual things that belong to him on earth in connection with his established heavenly kingdom."

On inspecting the remnant of his anointed disciples in the year 1919 C.E., the reigning King Jesus Christ did find the appointed "slave" faithful and discreet in the feeding of his "domestics." Accordingly, he appointed this "slave" class over all his belongings."

From the July 15 2013

'Finally, we examined why Jesus’ arrival to appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings did not occur in 1919 but will take place during the great tribulation.'

This is from the transcript

Q. And do you see yourselves as Jehovah God's

36 spokespeople on earth?

37 A. That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to

38 say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using.

Would I be wrong to conclude that prior to 2013 they were presumptuous, in claiming that Jesus did appoint the faithful slave over all his belongings in 1919 surely there could not be any other spokespeople on earth for Jehovah God or am I wrong?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Q. And do you see yourselves as Jehovah God's
    36 spokespeople on earth?
    37 A. That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to
    38 say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using.

Who is this other spokesperson?

Edit to add, I notice that his holiness the overstuffed gluttonous watchtower rock star pope wacko Jacko, didn't deny that he/the paedophile protecting Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses(tm) were/was god's spokesperson either.

• Splash
    Splash
    SimonSays The Pope speaks directly with God, and the Bishops are Apostles according to their creed.

No different to JW's.

The GB are prophets: w14 11/15 p. 30 11
    "Revelation 11:3 speaks of two witnesses who would prophesy for 1,260 days... However, true to the words of the prophecy, at the end of the three and a half days, the two witnesses were brought back to life. Not only were these anointed ones released from prison but those who remained faithful received a special appointment from God through their Lord, Jesus Christ. In 1919 they were among those who were appointed to serve as a "faithful and discreet slave" to care for the spiritual needs of God's people during the last days."

The GB convey Jehovah's voice, via Jesus: w14 8/15 "Hear Jehovah's Voice Wherever You Are"
    ... In effect, Jesus also conveys Jehovah's voice to us as he directs the congregation through "the faithful and discreet slave." We need to take this guidance and direction seriously, for our everlasting life depends on our obedience. 16 Many servants of Jehovah have avoided disaster by listening to Jehovah during our meetings."

They elevate themselves to the level of Jesus: w10 9/15 p. 23 par. 8 "Your Leader Is One, the Christ"
    The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

Their publications are elevated to the level of the Bible: w08 4/15 p. 7 par. 19
    "Elders do not go beyond the things that are written in the Bible. And by extension, they do not go beyond the Bible-based counsel written in the publications of the faithful and discreet slave."

Their words come from Jehovah, not man: w42 1/1 p5 "Those who are convinced that The Watchtower is publishing the opinion or expression of a man should not waste time in looking at it at all, because a man's opinion proves nothing except when that opinion is based wholly upon the Word of God. Those who believe that God uses The Watchtower as a means of communicating to his people, or of calling their attention to his prophecies, should study The Watchtower with thankfulness of heart and give Jehovah God and Christ Jesus all the honor and credit"

To ignore them is to be at odds with God: w11 7/15 p. 28 par. 17 God's Rest—What Is It?
    "if we minimized the Bible-based counsel that we receive through the faithful and discreet slave class, choosing to follow an independent course, we would be placing ourselves at odds with God's unfolding purpose."

And we should blindly obey them: w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 17
    All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

The GB would have us believe they are more qualified than the apostles. Not even the Catholic Church are this haughty.

• maksutov
    maksutov

I know I shouldn't feed the trolls, but...

SimonSays: Better email the Pontiff to let him know that he’s mistaken about papal infallibility and worldwide Bishops are liars according to you people, since they hold themselves to a higher standard than the GB. The Pope speaks directly with God, and the Bishops are Apostles according to their creed.

You are correct, the pope is mistaken about papal infallibility. I don't think we have grounds to call all bishops liars unless they actually make deliberately deceptive statements though. It is very clear that GJ tried to use prevarication to deceive. But that's not really the point of this thread. There is clearly a stark incongruity between the way GJ answered the question (as to whether the GB are God's spokespeople) in comparison to the required response of a rank-and-file JW whose loyalty to the organisation is being questioned. Of course you can claim that technically he was telling the truth, but that doesn't resolve the irony.

• Splash
    Splash

SimonSays: Better email the Pontiff to let him know that he’s mistaken about papal infallibility and worldwide Bishops are liars according to you people.

If the best you can do is say that the Catholic church is more wrong than the GB, then you really have plumbed the depths of credibility.

"Yeah, but.. the Catholic Church is worserer...."

Pitiable defense. Contemptible misdirection.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    The fact that Jackson couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't answer with a simple "Yes" or "No" proves one thing: He is a coward.

Boy-oh-boy do I agree with that!!! Responding with a big fat and emphatic "YES!!!" is precisely what every JW has been taught to think, and is why Jackson's response is so useful.

Jackson has given JWs a way to answer the litmus test question in a way that will leave a typical elder's head spinning in stunned silence. Hey! That sounds like a movie!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Fisherman writes:
    Believe it. Prior to Pentecost, God used the Jews exclusively.

That's demonstrably false.

Evidence: Job

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Fisherman and SimonSays, it is refreshing to see that there are some out there with comprehension skills.
  • Splash
    Splash
    johnamos Fisherman and SimonSays, it is refreshing to see that there are some out there with comprehension skills.

This, from someone who still thinks there's such a thing as a slave class.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Oh...I see, you know what I believe! Got it!

It is of no relevance of what I believe…whenit comes to talking about what a particular group of people believes and whatbook this group is reading that they claim to base their beliefs on.

My commentary is on what is actually written andwhat was actually said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit