Finally got a copy of the silver NWT

by wozza 5 Replies latest jw friends

• wozza
    wozza

After not having a NWT translation for a few years I scored the latest edition still wrapped in plastic ! but guess where ? At the local Salvation Army shop ...for free!

wanted one for a while but as the locals in this district treat me as the devil, and even walk on the other side of the street to avoid me it was good to get one to do research and comparisons.

Anyway what WTS won't give me Babylon the Great found a way!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

After not having a NWT translation for a few years I scored the latest edition still wrapped in plastic ! but guess where ? At the local Salvation Army shop ...for free!

The Silver Sword has only been available for less than 2 years (I think) and they're already showing up at "old book stores". HAHA

Doc

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Couldn't you get it online?
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Still wrapped in plastic? That's amazing to me. Probably a JW gave it to a non-JW relative who didn't want it to begin with and they donated it to a worldly religion. LOL! (Yes, Salvation Army is a religion. I've seen one of their churches.)
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

I remember seeing an episode of "Hoarders". This man was getting help on cleaning up his house. When the crew thought they were done, they discovered a bigger mess in the basement and the basement was also flooded from a leaky pipe. In the background, you could see some stuff floating around. Among some other things, I recognized a JW song book, the old style book. He later picked it up and I confirmed what I saw.

I've also picked up a copy of the book "The bible: word of man or God's" (or something of that sort) at a thrift store.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Would you mind noting any and all significant changes/differences between the "Silver Sword" and previous editions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit