Geoffrey Jackson Royal Commission update

by umbertoecho 232 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

ORPHANCROW - WOOOOHOOO!

Thanks for that update!

• freddo
    freddo

But wasn't Monty Baker's (the ex jw) testimony piped in by video? I got the impression "the court" could see him but we couldn't?

I do hope I'm wrong.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    ITS ALL CYA BABY! FREEKING COWARD!
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    It's easier to pull the plug if a question gets uncomfortable. "Oops! Video link went down. Technical difficulties!"
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

it's not like he's just gonna dial in with his Skype account. The court sets up the equipment and has representatives there with him.

I know a lot of you are rightfully upset at the JWs but the hysteria and insane theory-crafting that goes on here is crazy sometimes.

• Freesoul
    Freesoul
    Yes we can admit that we are getting a bit hysterical and we may be showing signs of insanity but we don't want to let a good opportunity like this pass by so that the truth can come out.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    I agree with Mrs Flipper - expect "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you" and much repeating of questions.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Just an observation-- because he'll be testifying via video link instead of sitting in court, almost every word that comes out of his mouth will be said while he's looking straight into the camera at you, the viewer. That will add a different flavor to all of those inevitable clips on youtube.

• dozy
    dozy

I still think this is something of a cop out. It's much easier sitting in a studio then being in the somewhat intimidating atmosphere of a court room. I don't know the geography or how far he is away but surely he could have shown respect to the process by turning up.

To me it's just indicative of the whole attitude that the Society have had about this enquiry. It isn't specifically aimed at them - it is looking at lots of different organisations & trying to bring about a better & safer system of protecting kids from being sexually abused. Instead of embracing the process and cooperating with it , from day one they have been defensive , evasive and sometimes downright dishonest in their responses. You can sense the frustration from the presiding judge.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    What email address will allow me to send an email to Mr. Stewart and others? I want to do my part!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit