Geoffrey Jackson Royal Commission update

by umbertoecho 232 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheListener
    TheListener
    someone should have told my parents that prov. wasn't about corporal punishment. i pretty much had that scripture tattooed on my ass.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    "The bible is literally our absolute guide... but we don't take it literally."
  • millie210
    millie210

moved back to Proverbs "the rod"

Jackson says it absolutely doesnt mean corporal punishment.

when asked if he would agree it meant physical punishment when written he agreed it might.

Then he was asked does that mean you have "interpreted it for modern day?"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    And when a girl was raped and sold to her rapist... we don't take that literally. But we take all the rest of the bible literally, like the 2 witness rule.
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    booom! da judge lays down the hammer on jackson over interpretation of scriptures and whether the gb have to follow the bible strictly as understood at the time it was written. The bible says corporal punishment is ok but the gb are saying that it isn't ok. jackson says the wts doesn't accept corporal punishment... CRAP!!
  • John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Keep us informed because the link is not working. I think millions of people are connected to this link...
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    "Your bible" takes us to... Then the judge asks him to take things into consideration, socially... Contemporary society... Regarding the spanking of children... Corporal punishment.. We dont accept it.. "do you prohibit it?"
  • Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

OMG THIS JUST GOT GOOD!

THe judge is beating the **** out of him intellectually. So awesome!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Lmao, Jackson on the spot over acceptance of corporal punishment and squirming in his seat. Love these Aussies!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

As an organization they don't encourage corporal punishment?!? What about Proverbs about using the rod to punish a child?

Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them. - Proverbs 13:24 NIV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit