Merry Christmas from the WT

by meadow77 8 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

1904 "Even though Christmas is not the real anniversary of our Lord's birth, but more properly the annunciation day or the date of his human begetting (Luke 1:28), nevertheless, since the celebration of our Lord's birth is not a matter of divine appointment or injunction, but merely a tribute of respect to him, it is not necessary for us to quibble particularly about the date. We may as well join with the civilized world in celebrating the grand event on the day which the majority celebrate - "Christmas day."" (Watchtower, Dec. 1, 1904, p364)

• dsgal
    dsgal

AMEN!...Who are we to argue with the Watchtower?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The faithful and discreet slave has spoken!

• meadow77
    meadow77

I think they have set a fine example

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Silent night, holy night,

all is wrong, all is right

the borginazition sees it's blight......

Ok so I ain't a poet, just felt like bursting into song over this funny thread.....the Lord's human begetting, so that's what it's called!

Katie

• hippikon
    hippikon

Are they saying that December 25th is likely to be the date Jesus was conceived?

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hippikon,

It was reported that Mary had an orgasm that night for no apparent reason and she saw a light under the cover of her bed.

Ken P.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Holy Night! Oh so bright

Faithful and Discreet Slave saw the Light

Believe in Christmas

They saw the Light.

Satan blinded them all that very night.

Yes WatchTower Governing Body, how come you change all the time when things seem to be right one day and wrong to you and you alone. You use the scriptures for your own interpration. You used the scripture in Luke to celebrate Christmas and now you don't.... what hypocrits. And that old line you alway use " oh the light gets brighter and brighter " Its old stuff. You use that as an excuse whenever your wrong. How sad you constantly mislead wonderful people. I hope they see how rotten you are before they are totally brainwashed.

Orangefatcat.

• meadow77
    meadow77

Right ON Fat Cat!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit