Another JW Bro-in-law dies

by borgfree 3 Replies latest jw friends

• borgfree
    borgfree

I am posting this because I think some of you know this man. I got a phone call at about 11:00 last night (Monday) informing me that he had died Sunday and had been cremated.

His name is Dominick Marino, he had also been an elder for about 50 years. They live in the Florence/Erlanger Kentucky area. There is to be a memorial talk/WT commercial this Saturday at the Erlanger KY kingdom hall, I will not be going.

Some of you might remember I had mentioned in a post about a year ago that Fred Franz used to stay at my sisters house when he was in that area. This is the sister/bro-in-law.

Borgfree

• voltaire
    voltaire

Borgfree,

I saw Dominick give a talk in Richmond, IN 10 (?) years ago. He was Tony Marino's brother, a long time member of the Richmond congregation. Seemed like a nice guy. I loved Tony, he couldn't speak English real well, he was Italian, and I was always fascinated by foreigners. Thanks for the news.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Sorry to hear of your loss. Even though there may not have been much contact latley, family is still family.

NewLight2

• borgfree
    borgfree

Voltaire,

Yes, I liked Tony very much. He knew me from the time I was born, or, I knew him from as early as I can remember. He and Mary, and my parents, were about the only JWs in Richmond in the beginning of that congregation.

Dominick was liked by almost everyone.

NewLight2,

Thank you. It has been a long time since I had contact with him and our relationship was not very good. I think, to him, I was simply one of those evil apostates. I agree, "family is still family" I will do my best to be family to his survivors.

Borgfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit