Geoffrey Jackson - Royal Commission Live Hearing Now!

by LostinJapan 190 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• zeb
    zeb
    A bit like a train wreck I am drawn back to this making myself ill for doing so. I ask you all please send your observations and serious comments to the commission. There is a email link on the website.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yup, Sparrow, you right!

And I got sick of hearing about his sick and ailing father. FFS. Ya got the resurrection hope, doncha?

Suck it up, Buttercup.*

Death is a part of life. The victims are living breathing people who are suffering, too.

*I don't mean you, Sparrow! I am talking about Pope Geoff!

• username
    username
    Jackson is a cult leader...Cult leader+sociopath=no empathy!
  • never a jw
    never a jw
    Didn't he say something like "I have empathy for whatever tragedy she had" when referring to BCG. "Whatever" makes it generic and vague, and makes the whole statement insincere. So he claims not to know any details about the case, but he claims empathy. What a phony!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    I got baptized at 13, so what's the problem. He's a dumb ass...
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

He definitely got it wrong with this:

To actually say he has no knowledge of that an inactive person caught celebrating xmas or bday would be DF is bull.

After four years of inactivity (and having no elder visits in those years) my ex-wife got a visit from two elders who had got information from a concerned publisher that had observed christmas lights in her window. They definitely wanted to investigate and thus starting a process ultimately leading to a judicial case. However, we saved them the efforts and wrote them a letter (I joined forced with her) the same night stating we no longer considered ourselves to be Jehovah’s witnesses (however not using the term DA).

• gorgia3
    gorgia3
    I wonder is he heading off to the assembly afterward?
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Okay, I admit I kinda held my breath when he asked if they will apologize to victims of abuse. Why do I ever think they may do the right thing?? Then to hear one of the victims/ survivors lawyer go over the less then heartfelt response to her 5 page passionate letter to society only sealed the deal! These creeps are completely morally corrupt!!

My husband also sent a long passionate letter to society while we were struggling with understanding why our child's molester wasn't disfellowshipped after being convicted. Yup, we received what looks to be the same form letter...tears in a skin bottle?? Makes my skin crawl!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Jackson's apology was over the top. Ugh.

The best response to that display is this:

"Show me the money."

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

@ Crow

you said:

A 'sincere' apology..."Oh, honey...I am so, so, sorry

I never heard the word "sorry" in all that mush and I was listening for it. I'll listen again when I review the recording

A sociopathic response ... I'm no expert, but I tend to agree he's a sociopath w/out a conscience. He was waaay too plastic in his attempt at empathy. I almost turned it off after that, it made me so sick!

Geez,Jackson. Ya can't have it both ways. This is an Excellent observation Crow - A+ !! First he says he can't know what women feel, then later he says he knows the terrible trauma she feels.

- an empty shell. Yep, like most every other JW i've ever met.

I don't know if I can sleep now after all of this tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit