Debate With The Governing Body

by Francois 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Francois
    Francois

To my knowledge the governing body of the JWS have not responded to my challenge to debate the proposition "Jehovah's Witnesses Constitute a Religious Cult."

I have said they wouldn't respond, and they won't.

For those of you who have a copy of "Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose," let me suggest you read how the JWs taunted mainstream religious leaders with their refusal to debate, claiming their refusal constituted tacit admission of the falsity of their religious practices and beliefs.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. And the governing body is hiding in the deepest precints of 114 Adams Street. Rattling their urim and thummin, no doubt, divining the will of their tribal god.

Embarrassing to be hoisted on your own petard, ain't it boys?

Francoise

• TR
    TR

Francoise,

The GB wouln't know their urine and thumb 'em from a hole in the ground.

I cracks me up that JW's will harass people privately with their nonsense, but not publicly. Guess they aren't too sure about their faith.

TR

• Francois
    Francois

No doubt you're right. But I remember so clearly that book referenced in my original post in this threat. It waxes eloquently about how the mainstream religious clerics refused to come out and debate representatives of the WTB&TS, proving of course through their craven fear that they didn't have the truth, and that once again Jehovah prevailed through his organization. It was a real orgy of slapping their own backs.

Now the shoe is on the other foot. They've been publically challenged in no uncertain terms and their response is utter silence. I don't think they represent their god very well at all.

And they've never explained just exactly how they receive communication from God. Direct knowledge of the will of God, no matter the mechanism, is the very definition of mysticism - and we all know mysticism is of the devil; the JWs told us so.

So how do they know the will of god? Their own set of Urim & Thummin? Runes they picked up at Borders? Crystals? Do they face Beth Sarim and wave a dead chicken? Do they sit in a circle on the floor and hum Kumbaya in three languages? What? How do they know? And how could God make so many mistakes? And change his mind so many times on the same topic? And engage in outright lying and deception?

The WTB&TS constitutes false religion, it's a false prophet and a cult. And above all it's cowardly. And their refusal to debate is proof positive.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Francoise,
    I can only comment on this , as I read it last evening.
    In the May 15,2001 Watchtower(I never use to read them, I have to say)

In the article "By Wisdom Our Dasy will become Many " on page 29 the last paragraph states

" In Our endeavor to reach honest hearted ones with the kingdom good news, may we be careful not to get involved in debates and arguments with ridiculers. Christ Jesus instructed his disciples: "When you are entering into the house, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it: but ,if it is not deserving,let the peace from you return upon you. Wherever anyone does not take you in or listen to your words, on going out of that house or that city shake the dust off your feet." Matt 10:12-14"

Now from this I gather for those who choose to go from door to door or speak about Jesus and the kingdom of heaven being at hand(not the kingdom good news...another out of context point) that they should go to a city, find a place to stay , and preach from there, the house that showed them kindness.

I have no idea how the "PREACHING WORK( the distribution of magazines, books and invitations) is the same as what the disciples did. Further, if EVERYONE has to agree with you and cannot question the source of the beliefs....debate in other words, how is this in line with the societys own printed material of

1984 "The Catholic Church occupies a very significant position in the world and claims to be the way of salvation for hundreds of millions of people. Any organization that assumes that position should be willing to submit to scrutiny and criticism." {AWAK Aug 22 1984 28}

They are in the same postion, leading many, responsible for many, and should be WILLING to submit....to questions, scrutiny and criticism.

Perhaps the time has come for the previously written articles , that were accurate , and well written, to be just reprinted . After all it seems quite EVIDENT, the current writers are doing serious damage to not only their own heads by scratching so profusely, but also to the OVERALL Message......since they cant come up with much that makes any sense or doesn't contradict something prevuiously stated.

THis would keep the profits in line and since most who receive the magazines dont read them cover to cover, it may not even be noticed.......

hey wait a minute.....is that what is realy going on?
    S

• Francois
    Francois

Couldn't say. All I know is that the JWs went on a debate binge several decades ago, wanting to debate anyone and everyone and claimed that refusal to do so was evidence of false religion.

Now someone pops up out of the woodwork and wants to debate them! All of a sudden debate is bad. No debate for them.

Well, it doesn't take a genius to recognize a hypocrite I say.

• Phil
    Phil

Who proposed this debate and is this proposal in a letter or news paper or something. I would like to get a copy of any publication or letter to the WTS, hopefully from the Catholic church or other recognized religious org.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and yet their founder CT Russell was always debating the clergy etc.

• Panda
    Panda

I would pay to hear this debate. Lot's of hmmming and hawing. I really need to get one of those cd's to look stuff up.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Stephen20,

The W.T. is worried about its members getting involved in debates. Wonder why? What are they afraid of?

St. Paul had no such compunction. See Acts 17:16-21.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit