Baptism Questions Old/New Differences

by reubenfine 4 Replies latest jw friends

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Can anyone point me to how the baptismal questions have changed over the years? I know they've changed from experience but I would be interested to know exactly what questions I answered in 1966. I've looked around but haven't ran across them yet.

Thanks.........

• Farkel
  • onacruse
    onacruse

"Perversion of Baptismal Vows by AlanF"

Now, Farkel, was that a nice thing to say about Alan?!?!

LOL

Seriously, it is remarkable how these subtle changes in terminology slip past 99.99% of JWs. Some time ago (just before I was df'd) I mentioned this change in the baptismal vows to a close friend, and said "So, then, they can df me if they want, but my vow had nothing to do with them anyway!" The response: "What changes?"

Craig

• Amazing
    Amazing

If you go to the "Search" screen and type in "Baptism" you will find both the "vows" and the old "80 Questions" and and the new "120 +" Questions" ... many posters including AlanF, me, Farkel have all commented on these ... Farkel gives the humorous side of things and will help you see the folly in Watchtower legalism ...

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Thanks for all the help. Very interesting threads, Farkel. I had also overlooked the search function at the top. Thanks, Amazing. That helps enormously!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit