Disability ( a question)

by Cyn 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Cyn
    Cyn

Is anyone on disability for a mood disorder ( depression/bipolar etc.) ? And if so, how are you making meet?

cyn

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Cyn,

I am... for almost ten years now. Did you mean to say 'how do you make ends meet'? Do you mean financially?

(If so, the quick answer: you don't

Long answer: don't know enough about you to make any suggestions... can you say more about your situation? Also, it shouldn't matter WHAT kind of disability you have ... whether it is a physical, mental or other type of disability...

Which state, if you live in the US, do you live in?

Hope you are okay.... lauralisa

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I used to claim benefit a few years ago in the UK for depression/related problems and yep, life gets tight. The only way I could cope on my own was to reach out to others on occasion who could help me with washing clothes, general maintenance of my flat etc .... its the only way.

If you can build a small community of friends around you, then help will always be at hand.

If you struggle to make friends at the moment, try joining a support group for your particular problem, friends will appear eventually and the important support network will fall into place if you reach out (as hard as that can be at times).

Been there, done it, come out the other side. Hope you do as well Lauralisa

• ugg
    ugg

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( cyn )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Cyn
    Cyn

hello....Lisa,

Yes I did mean ," making ends meet"....as in financially......

I am not feeling well...and am not writing much....

ty for responding.

cyn

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

Sorry about that - my heart went out to Cyn....

Substitute lauralisa for Cyn in my previous post ...

Opps ! My head was not working when I wrote the post

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

((((((((((cyn))))))))))

I know all too well what it's like to stretch that last penny. I spent several years out of work due to chronic fatigue and pain and the depression is an ongoing thing as well.

Feel free to email me hon - [email protected] as my other email is changing tomorrow. Being the single mom of two teens made me come up with ideas on penny stretching. I'd be glad to offer any help I can. And I do mean 'any'.

There are far too many ideas to post here, but I know that I spent many a month eating one meal a day so that the girls could eat. Some days I went without, and that didn't help me in the least. let me know the gist of your situation and I will definitely send a little help your way along with ideas.

One day at a time - one breath at a time. We're here for you.

hugs, Mimilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit